cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Ultrafast upgrade due wednesday

Hope this is the right place to ask, don't want to call and add further congestion to the lines.

I booked an ultrafast install two weeks ago, currently on FTTC connection...approx 30Mb going up to 150Mb with the FTTP install. 2 days later from booking there was an engineer outside the house who had got the line ready. 

Equipment arrived saturday.

Install is booked for wednesday, I believe from the Covid-19 updates from BT that this won't proceed as the engineer isn't allowed by BT to enter the premises?

No problem with this, I understand the need for vigilance right now. However, if the install doesn't proceed, I need to be certain the current connection is not removed. Both my wife and I have to work from home and require an internet connection permanently. She works 9-5 but i'm on call online all day/night to deal with various job related issues.

Are any community mods/advisors able to advise we won't be left without a connection. We've hot spotted with 4G using our mobile phones to test and it's oddly not sufficient to maintain both of our work connections so a minihub wouldn't be useful for us.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ultrafast upgrade due wednesday

@Judge626 

Welcome to this user forum.

Has the ONT already been fitted and connected to the end of the optical fibre?

Capture.JPG

If so, what lights are lit up on the ONT?

Tasks are normally linked, so that in theory, the transfer of your service from FTTC to FTTP would not go ahead until the ONT provisioning task had been completed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the prompt reply.

No internal work has been completed, we're still using our existing home hub on the FTTC connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@Judge626 wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

No internal work has been completed, we're still using our existing home hub on the FTTC connection.

Then as I mentioned on my last post, I would not expect the changeover to take place if the FTTP provision task was still pending.

This is how things used to work before I retired from BT 10 years ago, so hopefully things have not changed. Each task (order) should be linked together so that a subsequent one should not be issues until the preceding task is closed.

The only BT employees on this forum are the moderators, and they would not be able to help in this instance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Call the Fttp team on 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings