Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 25

Unable to Order FoD ?

Go to solution

Morning,
I live on a new build estate and was the last house to use a cabinet (cabinet 11).  My neighbour onwards have had the new FoD installed (fibre to an aggregation node which then goes to the exchange, totally bypassing the cabinet).
The dsl checker now reports that FoD is available to myself (via address) yet no-one I've spoken to at BT can grasp the fact that our service if ordered would use the aggregation node and not the cabinet (confirmed by Openreach).

I'm currently in a catch 22 as BT keep checking the cabinet which doesn't support FoD and refuse to acknowledge the new delivery of FoD.  Thus preventing me from ordering it.

Any suggetions ?
(Thanks)

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: Unable to Order FoD ?

Go to solution
Who did the neighbour order FoD from? BT don't currently offer it, as far as I know, Fluidone are the only ISP offering it at the moment. It costs many thousands in instalaltion fees plus around £300 +VAT per month, for a minimum term of 36 months.

What does http://dslchecker.bt.com show for your telephone number? Or if you don't have an active line, using the address checker. Can you post up a screenshot of the result.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

dslcheckerNoAddress.PNG

Openreach have stated we are served by the new version of FoD where they've installed an aggregation node near by and run fibre to the house from that, greatly reducing install charges... this version of FoD was announced in Jan2017.
It's part of the new build scheme they have started (yes they ordered their service from BT... I took delivery of their router whilst they were out).
I believe the issue is because my address currently has a copper line served by a cabinet unlike those who've successfully ordered and had FoD installed.  BT is on the list of providers for the service so they must provide it (although it did take them over a month to get it ordered).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

@James-M-Johnson

Please edit out your address, as this is a public forum. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

There seems to be about 1 property appearing with Openreach Native WBC FTTP (this is different to FTTPoD - Fibre to the Premises On Demand) within the BT Wholesale Database. Said property also appears to be on a Exchange Only line and not registered to cabinet 11 like the other properties.

You could try BT Consumer's FTTP line on 0800 5874787.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Done

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@James-M-Johnson

Please edit out your address, as this is a public forum. Thanks.

@James-M-Johnson

Thanks, the unedited image still exists in your public gallery, so please can you delete it, as its still availabe to view. Thanks.

https://community.bt.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/229045/image-id/49584i1F43E8153D5002A7

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution
As stated, BT consumer do not offer FoD, only native FTTP or FTTC.

I'm not even sure if BT business are still offering FoD.

What I said in message 2 is still correct.

Can you run the address check for the neighbour who has had FoD installed to show us what services is available to them?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Afternoon Jac,
If you follow the addresses to the end of the road and round the corner onto the next road they all have the new WBC version.

I've tried the BT Consumer line but they kept on insisting the cabinet didn't support it despite myself explaining the new version connects to an aggregation node bypassing the cabinet entirely (the agg node is 25m from my house).

I'm not sure if it's a lack of training regarding the new rollout to resellers or something else.
I'll try them again.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

Neighbor.PNG

This is what all of my neighbours to the right of my house have.  They had to order the connections (yes my neighbor had no phone for over a month) hence why I believed it to be the new FoD.
Despite this the Openreach engineers onsite have said it's the new rollout with the aggregation node and connectors which means that they don't need to blow fibre from the exchange.
So effectively I just need to order a new line that connects to the aggregation node instead of the 1-2km to the cabinet.
FoD wasn't reported as available to my address until I raised it with Openreach.
So how does one order a native FTTP line that uses the aggregation node ?

0 Ratings