cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Unable to even get Fibre to Cabinet among houses with full Fibre to premises

I live in Ashford (Surrey) in a small block of flats built in 2012, since I moved in the only bad surprise about this building is that it has a very slow and unreliable ADSL connection with the absolute max of 8mbit/s downloads. I was trying for years to get an answer from BT and Openreach about why is it that my small block of flat has no access to any kind of fibre connectivity and I never got any answer that would make any sense to me, this is the screenshot of my cabinet look up (P60), maybe you can explain to me what is it that has to be done for any fibre provider to be able to offer us services. I live 50 meters from the border of Greater London, but the speeds we got here in a new built are slower than in rural village:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 185013.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to even get Fibre to Cabinet among houses with full Fibre to premises

From what you have posted your cabinet does not appear to be fibre enabled  there is nothing you can do until openreach upgrade your cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Unable to even get Fibre to Cabinet among houses with full Fibre to premises

I also went to another website that shows that this cabinet is supplying fiber to other postcodes which made me even more confused? how do you contact Openreach and see when are they planning to upgrade this cabinet, and why it hasn't been done already. It is 2020 and this speed of the internet is from 20 years ago 😞Screenshot 2020-09-29 185956.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

There  are numerous people in the same situation as you where there is no fibre available from their cabinet.  You cannot get your cabinet changed as this has been raised with openreach many times

you can contact your local council and ask them when or if they are going to upgrade you cabinet

you may find that your area gets FTTP and therefore there is no need to upgrade the cabinet

some of the area may get FTTP so you could try phoning 08005874787 and see what they say about fibre connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thank you. I will try that number tomorrow. I know houses around me got fibre but our building as it is multiple dwelling doesn't have any of it. So the FTTP network is completely separate from telephone cables? Do you know if there is a map somewhere that shows what part of the street already has it? I am sure that the house next to me has full fibre. Shouldn't that be very easy to drag a cable to us? It's only like 5 meters away from my block of flats. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Just phone the FTTP team and see what they say.