cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Unable to get fibre 100 & 250?

Go to solution

Hey all,

I am curious to why my area is not able to get the fibre 100 & 250 package and I am only offered the fibre 1 & 2 package. I am apparently only able to get a maximum of 67Mbps from any provider, why is this and how do I get around this? My understanding is that I am on a VDSL line (maximum of 70Mbps) however how can I change or upgrade this to something better? Surely BT can help me with this and give me a rough estimate so i can move from a DSL line?

Does it involve new lines or cables being put into my house? I am unsure why I cannot get this service and I would definitely pay for it as my current speeds aren't good enough for todays technology!

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to get fibre 100 & 250?

Go to solution

are you currently a BT broadband customer?

if so enter your phone number and post results  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

That doesnt explain anything, it just says what services I can get and my line rate speeds, which I know which services I can get. I want to know why I am not able to get a better service or how to upgrade from a VDSL line.

Read the question.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If you read the answer you have using the dslchecker then at present that is best you can get until openreach decide to upgrade your current connection or install FTTP.  Until then you have to do the same as everyone else and wait

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

If your area doesn’t have FTTP or Gfast ( and if Gfast is already provided , you being close enough to benefit ) then obviously all you can get is FTTC ( VDSL )....not every area has access to every product, if VDSL is all your location has then obviously unless FTTP or possibly Gfast becomes available you cannot upgrade.

You say you would be prepared to pay for better speeds, if you have FTTC , then FTTPod should show as available, if your pockets are deep enough you could explore that on demand option with an ISP that will arrange it with Openreach , but it’s not cheap and although a ballpark estimate is free,  for a proper estimate you pay to get a contractual install figure....10’s of thousands isn’t unusual as you pay for the construction of the network which could be considerable.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Thomas812 

If you had posted the information @imjolly requested it may be possible for members to offer more help

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Thomas812wrote:

That doesnt explain anything, it just says what services I can get and my line rate speeds, which I know which services I can get. I want to know why I am not able to get a better service or how to upgrade from a VDSL line.

Read the question.

You have 3 options, Move nearer to the cab, move to an FTTP enabled area or pay for FTTPoD.

0 Ratings