Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GBNE01
Message 1 of 14

Unable to order Fibre - neighbours appear to be able.. NEW BUILD

Go to solution

Hi there!

I've done some scanning through forums, and this appears to be a reasonably common sort of issue. I'm just about to move into a new build property, the area is supplied by cabinet, and is specced up for FTTC.

When I try to order I'm told that only ADSL is available, but if I try a property across the road (which hasn't even been populated yet) they come up as 'superfast broadband is available' on the openreach checker.

It feels like an administrative error, but I'm not discounting the fact that maybe the cabinet is full?

Does anyone have a good means of getting this checked out? I've been promised about 5 times (verbally....) by sales reps that fibre was available, and I don't want to go back to '10 years ago' style ADSL.

any help will be greatly welcomed!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Unable to order Fibre - neighbours appear to be able.. NEW BUILD

Go to solution

as you don't have a phone number try new address http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
GBNE01
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for that! 

When I use the address checker (and use my house number and postcode) I get this result. Can someone interpret what this means? Should this indicate if the cabinet is full?

PIc.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

there should be an exchange and cab shown at top of chart

from what you posted there is no fibre available to you at present that may change when you get in and can get phone line

the FTTP on demand is for business

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Is the cabinet number the same for both your property and the property that has FTTC?

If the cabinet was full the checker would still show projected FTTC speeds but annotated with 'Waiting List'.

0 Ratings
GBNE01
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Again, thanks for the quick responses, much appreciated.

This is what I get when I check across the road..

pic2.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

please delete the address   you need to leave the chart if possible  exchange is Gorebridge cab 2

is that the same cabinet you see when you run the checker?

0 Ratings
GBNE01
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Yes indeed - looks the same

PIc.JPG 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

the adsl stats on your checker results are not the same as the neighbour's results suggesting you are further from the exchange but could still be on same cabinet

0 Ratings
GBNE01
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

As far as I can see, there's only one cabinet in the whole estate - could this just be a database issue then? i.e. I get a phone line installed and it all springs into life?

0 Ratings