cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oots
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 83

Re: Network Issues

I was having similar problems in Lincolnshire. Skype was fine, Minecraft fine, BT Iplayer fine, but weirdly some sites never loaded and simply timed out. Including this one. Oh and the chromecast basically thought I wasn't connected to the internet.

The situation did appear better this morning before I left for work.

[edit]Just saw Oddius09's post. I guess I'm close to East Anglia...

0 Ratings
Panchdara
Message 42 of 83

Re: Unable to use BT services, forums, constant disconnects, reduced internet speed... Whats going o

Sevenoaks, TN13, still out. BT Wi-Fi seems to be working okay, so if you have access to it then that's your best bet now. It should be a complimentary service that BT provide as a BT broadband subscriber. It would not be an issue if BT would acknowledge the issue.

Meanwhile in another galaxy.... Willem Dafoe is selling our bandwidth!

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 83

Re: Unable to use BT services, forums, constant disconnects, reduced internet speed... Whats going o

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this.

We are aware of the problem you're having trying to load web pages and we are working on fixing this as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 83

Hopefully it doesn't take several days and require waiting for the middle of the night like the last similar outage.
0 Ratings
CJ18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 83

I'm in Ipswich, Suffolk and it seems to be the same here.  Yesterday evening I was either unable to connect to Xbox Live or I could connect but it wasn't working properly and I couldn't play any multiplayer.  It was the same with PSN on the PlayStation 3.

I also can't connect properly to some websites.

Phoned BT this morning and was told there were no issues, that it was a connection problem to us, then it wasn't, and in the end they are sending us a new HomeHub 5 (it's not clear why they feel this is necessary as it wasn't explained).  When we asked about the known problems reported on their telephone status line affecting the South East and East Anglia we were told they were irrelevant to our situation.

I can't believe it's the HomeHub at fault.  I'm assuming once this DNS or routing issue on the more general BT network is fixed all will return to normal.  It would just be nice to hear that from BT themselves.

Message 46 of 83

Same issues here (Cheshire) - Spoke to a guy called Gary at BT (Who said they are sending an Engineer out to me on Friday, despite me asking them if they had even looked at these Forums, which would indicate the issue lies with them and not my property. I can access my emails via our VPN, but the webaccess just timing out, and my iphone not receiving mails at all (Unless I swich to 3G). This all kicked off from around 9pm last night, just like with many others around the Country it seems.

Come on BT - Sort it out!

0 Ratings
Panchdara
Message 47 of 83

Is this part of what George Osborne was predicting?

0 Ratings
milhousevh
Contributor
Message 48 of 83

Just wondering contractually where this leaves us (customers) - this is the second major outage in less than 4 months.

Don't the new rules and regulations for ISPs now mean that customers are free to walk if they don't receive the service they're paying for? It would seem to me that BT are failing to meet the requirements of the service they are contracted to provide.

Also, since this problem started overnight (apparently 9pm-10pm), don't BT have any automated testing that identifies this kind of basic routing fault? Why is it only being shown as an issue from 8am - that's almost 12 hours wasted when a network engineer could have been investigating this issue. I thought BT were a serious player in the networking world and would be on top of basic problems like this, but obviously not.

0 Ratings
FooFan73
Contributor
Message 49 of 83

@milhousevh wrote:

Just wondering contractually where this leaves us (customers) - this is the second major outage in less than 4 months.

Don't the new rules and regulations for ISPs now mean that customers are free to walk if they don't receive the service they're paying for? 

While you make a valid point in reality trying to put that into practice with BT's woefully inadequate foreign call centre staff and their often poor grasp of English makes cancelling of even getting some sort of rebate nigh on impossible

0 Ratings
Duffer56
Beginner
Message 50 of 83

Can't load webpages

I haven't been able to load webpages this morning. On Twitter it says that it's a problem in the whole of the South East but BT say there are no issues.
I wish they would get their act together!
Their helplines are worse than useless!
0 Ratings