cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Unable to use Broadband Performance Test in my Hub

Go to solution

When I try to test my speeds it's coming up with my originally allocated phone number rather than my current one.  The old number must have been reallocated to someone else as it wants to continue with a problem the user reported only two days ago.  I'm hoping to avoid having to phone in, such a pain!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Unable to use Broadband Performance Test in my Hub

Go to solution

Use this page instead.

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you Keith but that is measuring the download speed at my device, not the broadband sync speed I want to test.

EDIT - somehow your post got marked as an accepted solution, which it is not of course

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

That would be found by logging into the BT Home hub, using a web browser.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

That's what my question is about - when I do it through the Hub in a browser it's looking at the wrong account.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

The hub management page isn't associated with a phone number.

Just put 192.168.1.254 in your browser address bar and navigate to Advanced Settings > Technical log

Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I'm obviously not making myself clear.  When you click on Broadband Performance Test you are required to login to the broadband speed tester, and when you do so it asks you which account you are having issues with and provides a phone number to click on.  The number being offered was mine once, when I first joined BT, but got changed after I had retrieved my number from my previous supplier.  Probably can't be solved here and I will have to call them, but I dread that so thought I'd give you guys a chance at it.

EDIT - ok, found the data rate in technical settings, thanks!  Still means there's an error in my account settings but that isn't urgent.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Apologies, but your post said you wished to see your sync speed.

Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Mind if I pursue this a bit further?  The data rate I'm really trying to establish is the rate at which usable  data is being delivered to my router, AKA Hub.  Looks like my earlier assumption that this was the same as the sync rate is not correct so how should this rate best be measured?  I'm suspecting the Broadband Performance Test accessible through the Hub is the measure I need but, as I've explained, when I try to use it I'm offered access to someone else's account, not my own.  It would be appreciated if this could be confirmed as that would make the inevitable frustrations of trying to sort this over the phone worthwhile.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

The connection speed being delivered to your hub is as said already the speed shown in the hub stats under connection speed right next to attainable speed.  Not sure what more anyone else can say

you can insert your phone nunber and post results which will show your expected range  

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings