cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Unable to watch BT Sport HD

I keep getting an error when attempting to view BT Sport HD channels on the BT set top box.

Any other channel works in HD, my box speed checker says I’m good with HD and UHD etc.

I can view BT Sport on any other device via the app on computer, iPad, smart phone etc.

I have full Full Fibre 900 with BT Halo 2.  According to my router I get around 600Mb down.

I’ve tried resetting the BT TV box and still get the error.

Conclusion for me is that there is a fault with the box.

HUMAX DTRT4000

87B08500

Actually it happens when trying to view any HD subscription channel 😞

How do I get BT to resolve this issue?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to watch BT Sport HD

Hi @echo6

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems watching HD channels on your BT TV box. How is the TV box connected to the Hub are you using any powerline adaptors? If so can you try connecting directly to the hub?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Tv box connected to BT Broadband extender (powerline) and the other powerline adapter connected directly to the Hub.

I replaced the BT Hub with a Ubiquity Dream Machine

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@echo6 

Put the Hub back in and see if you then get the subscription channels back again.

If you do then it's because the Dream Machine is unable (probably) to support BT's multicast transmissions.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@echo6 from a quick Google it seems to be a known issue with the Dream Machine. I'd suggest heading over to their forums and see if you can understand what the users are talking about. They seem to have a fix but they're talking techy and I don't understand it 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Yes, I believe the lack of Multicast on the Dream Machine is the issue 😞

I ditched the BT Hub because of poor performance and a few other issues.

Seems I may have to get a device in front of the Dream Machine that supports Multicast

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Step-by-Step-guide-to-configuring-Unifi-Securit...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Pehaps you'd have been better off to purchase a third party router that supports multicast. Why you are here complaining that your router doesn't is beyond me.

Networking 101. Always make sure the equipment you wish to buy supports what you want to do.

Message 9 of 9

Wise advise, condescending though it is!

Given the amount of permutations and choices there is no silver bullet and hindsight is a wonderful thing.

0 Ratings