cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Metalcoreprincess
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Unhappy with Infinity 1 speed, wondering if it can be improved?

I have been subscribed to Infinity 1 for about 2 years at the address I am currently living. When I moved here, I had an absolute headache getting the homemove done, as the cabinet near to my current address was full, and more capacity had not yet been added, though I was mistakenly allowed to request a fibre connection before it was ready.

Long story short, I was advised my minimum speed was approx 23mb, and placed on a discounted price plan due to the above headache.

I have recently been advised that my discount is coming to an end, and I'm unwilling to pay full price for the less than half the advertised Infinity 1 speed that I get.  

I am wondering if my speed can actually be improved, I've been reading a lot of posts on here, and therefore have done a bit of homework to see if someone in the know could look over my connection/speed stats, and tell me if the 23mb is really the best I can get?

A couple of bits of information to start with, I live approx. 0.5km from the Horbury/Ossett exchange. Cabinet 25 is on my street. I have done the quiet line test on 17070, and there was no noise.

Telephone Number XXXXXXXXXXX on Exchange HORBURY OSSETT is served by Cabinet 25

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  HighLowHighLow        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)41.1307.75.525.5AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)32.11773.413.1AvailableAvailable-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 1--1 to 3.5Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 1Up to 0.51 to 3.5Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 1--0.75 to 2.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate0.5----Available---- 
Fixed Rate0.5----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date16-05-2017

2018-03-22.png2018-03-22 (3).png

If I have missed anything, please let me know. Otherwise, thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any advice. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unhappy with Infinity 1 speed, wondering if it can be improved?

Can you try connecting to test socket with a new filter and repost your router stats please. When connected to test socket check that there is no dial tone at any of your extension sockets whether in use or not

your connection time is very short is that due to manual reset or router dropping connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Metalcoreprincess
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Sorry, I should have said, I did all the tests from the test socket, hence the short connection time.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

And there is no dial tone at any extension socket?

still in test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Your noise margin isn't high at 9.2db suggesting drops/ and/or manual resets resulting in DLM increasing noise margin and reducing speed to help stabilise your connection. If your nois emargin got back to 6db then your would be at bottom end of dslchecker estimated speed

0 Ratings