Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimwo
Contributor
Message 1 of 123

Unlimited Faster Broadband Max Upload speed

Go to solution

Can anyone tell me what the maximum upload speed should be for Unlimited Faster Broadband.

I seem to be limited to 2mbit/sec, and yet the Maximum Data Rate shown on my HH5 stats is over 4mbit/sec.

I see the wholesale service is available at 40/10 or 40/2 with no criterion for changing between.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Kim 

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
122 REPLIES 122
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 123

Re: Unlimited Faster Broadband Max Upload speed

Go to solution
The max upload is 2mbps on your package regardless of what you could get.
0 Ratings
kimwo
Contributor
Message 3 of 123

Go to solution

Thank you for a prompt reply - this is what I read on older posts.

So why does it say 

'Unlimited Faster Broadband uses the same fibre optic technology as BT Infinity, but will give you a download speed of up to 15Mb and an upload speed of up to 10Mb." ( my bold letters).

on BTcusthelp.com under the heading ' How is BT Infinity different from 'standard' broadband?"

i.e. here

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13731/~/how-is-bt-infinity-different-from-standard-br...

Regards

Kim 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 123

Go to solution
No idea why it says that. If you check your up IP profile you will see its set to 2mbps unless BT have now changed it.
0 Ratings
kimwo
Contributor
Message 5 of 123

Go to solution

Well I am going to challenge it - I only went on to Unlimited Faster Broadband because it was £2 cheaper (allegedly - I still have to get my bill).  It was sold like it was my choice.  I notice on other discussion groups like plusnet that there are people getting moved from 40/2 to 40/10.  40/10 seems to be a wholesale product.

Regards

Kim 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 123

Go to solution
You would normally only get that package if your download speed would not exceed 15mbps.
0 Ratings
kimwo
Contributor
Message 7 of 123

Go to solution

I understand.  I am close to that boundary.  So the sales people don't know what they can sell you until you have got it!!  My sync speed is currently 2001/16920 with a Maximum data rate of 4388/17168.  

Availability checker says this:

speed.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 123

Go to solution
I would keep what you have. If you go on 40/10 you will be paying for virtualy no increase in speed which you will not even notice without running a speed test.
0 Ratings
kimwo
Contributor
Message 9 of 123

Go to solution

Well I want to upload stuff to Google Drive regularly - won't it half the speed for large files if I can sync at 4mb upload?  It took me over a day to upload a DVD on the previous ADSL Max at 5mbit download and 0.4mbit/sec upload!  Admittedly I have already got a ~5 fold improvement.

Regards

Kim 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 123

Go to solution
I doubt you will get 4mbps upload, more likely 3mbps. It does not follow that double the speed will half the upload time. There are "overheads" that need to be taken into account.

Its up to you but I wouldn't waste my money for such a small gain assuming you get any gain.
0 Ratings