Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zyzal
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Unlimited Infinity Always below minimum

Hello people,

I have contacted the live chat support now over 11 times, always without any results, and i have no idea wat else to do but post here.

I am currently on bt's Unlimited Infinity plan. As far as i am aware this plan means max 52 mbps min 35mb's with a bare minimum of 33mb's.

This isn't the case for me. No matter wat time of day i run speed tests (tried with mulitple) i am never recieving more then 30mb's, and that would be during non peak times. During peak times (6 to 10 in the evening) i am lucky to recieve 15/20mb's and you can forget about weekend's, last saterday 10mb's was all i was getting. As someone that works all day i am getting fed up with not being able to watch anything without constantly looking at buffers (Don't use a tv, watch everything online) and games lagging so hard that i might as well not try.

Support keeps doing checks on the lines, and telling me everything is good, and that i must use their speed check, because the ones i use are all faulty, but im quite skeptic about that speedtest ( feels like hiring your own health and safety inspector). They also promised sending over an amplifier, which obviously never arrived.

So now im lost as to wat to do, and hope someone here might have an issue.
Bt support isn't helping me out and just constantly pointing me into the same direction which is obviously not resolving anything. Me and my wife are getting fed up with not being able to do anything when we get home.

Looking forwart to your thoughts,

Alwin~

ps: feel free to ask any questions

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Unlimited Infinity Always below minimum

Run a speedtest HERE, once the first test completes click on Further Diagnostics and post a screenshot of that result.

Enter your phone number HERE and post a screenshot of that result. Remove your number before posting.

Perfom a quiet line test 17070 option 2. The line should be silent between announcements. Best with corded phone.

Post your hub connection stats found in Technical log.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 20

from your post it appears you are comparing your download speed but the speeds quoted by BT are conenction speeds not download speeds  see how it looks after yo have poste information requested by @pippincp

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Zyzal
Beginner
Message 4 of 20

Sorry, i wasn't aware that it was a connection speed, altho on this package with 35/52mb's i shouldnt have to constantly watch buffers and concistent lagg. also should my download still be above 20mb's?

Anyhow, the results are in!

Adsl result.pngResult.pngSpeedTest.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

need your hub stats as well

unfortunately can't read the diagnostic results and when magnify goes out of focus

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Zyzal
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

I am sorry, where could i find my hub stats?
Also, hope these bigger pics workAdsl result.png

Result.png

SpeedTest.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

if hh6 thehn advanced settings technical log information

if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 8 of 20

Quiet line test result?

0 Ratings
Zyzal
Beginner
Message 9 of 20

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ62913098

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B522

Firmware updated:

13-Jan-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

4 Days, 20 Hours 5 Minutes 23 Seconds

Data rate:

8.46 Mbps / 37.94 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

8463 / 40023

Noise margin:

6.2 dB / 3.7 dB

Line attenuation:

20.5 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

59649 MB Uploaded / 37479 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

OurNet

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 11

5 GHz wireless network name:

OurNet

5 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 36

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 2

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

40:C7:29:1E:5A:9F

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

Hope this is wat you were after.

0 Ratings
Zyzal
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

Uhm we actualy don't own a phone, just mobile's so its not in use, also means im not able to test it im afraid...
Hope thats alright?
0 Ratings