Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: Unlimited Infinity Always below minimum

testing for noise is important as that can have an adverse affect on your broadband connection and speed

it can also save you getting charged for an engineer callout by checking problem is not internal before getting engineer visit and possibly charged £130  £5 investment form argos could save you mony

are you using the test socket?

was the btspeedtester test run using a wired conenction not wireless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 12 of 20

You can pick up a phone for £5-£6 from a well known catalogue store.

0 Ratings
Zyzal
Beginner
Message 13 of 20

Alright, guess ill have to pick one of those up then to save the money theiir.
And yes, this was a wired connection (cat6) straith to the router, no splitters or anything.

I did get

I have also refreshed your line and have reduced the noise barrier ration in it. However to be honest with you that will be a make shift arrangement for you. 

From the live support last time, not sure how valid it is though.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 14 of 20

It has no validity at all.

0 Ratings
Zyzal
Beginner
Message 15 of 20

Yea, Already thought so,

I'll try to get a phone tomorrow to do the other test, and let you guys know how that went.

0 Ratings
Zyzal
Beginner
Message 16 of 20

So finally got a phone,

My master socket doesn't have a test port, its a very old one apparently.
When i got my phone plugged in i do hear a dial tone, so that works.
While doing the test (17070 option 2) i do hear a very very quiet static in the background.

Another thing (not sure if it matters), i moved the router to another port while i was testing on the master socket, and the wifi dropped every time i did the test over the master socket, not sure if that is normal behaviour or not either.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 20

@Zyzal  Another thing (not sure if it matters), i moved the router to another port while i was testing on the master socket, and the wifi dropped every time i did the test over the master socket, not sure if that is normal behaviour or not either.

by another port do you mean another phone socket?  if you used master socket with filter did you also have filter on socket hub was connected to?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Zyzal
Beginner
Message 18 of 20

Ow, i actualy did it the lazy way, unplugged the router with filter and everything from my main socket, and moved it to the socket in the kitchen, and plugged my phone directly into the master socket without any filters between it ( phone has a bt flat connector, so didn't fit in the filter.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

all sockets need to be filtered

0 Ratings
Zyzal
Beginner
Message 20 of 20

Oke, found a filter with a bt flat connector ( other one has a rj11 connector on it)
And the line is completly silend with the filter between it.

0 Ratings