Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Letmeboogey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Unlimited faster broadband & Bt infinity

Hi All

I have been with Bt for a number of years as there is no choice in my area. I was on Bt broadband then moved to faster broadband where my hub connection speed to main socket was 20 to 21 mb which i though was great however the most my wired evice would connect was 18.8 to 19.5 mb which wasnt bad as faster unlimited only quoted up to 17mb. I was then offered Bt infinity and the max line capacity was about 22.5mb and i know there are different factors that can affect this. The BT person in trying to upgrade me said you will either have the same or slightly faster speeds. I signed up but now find my connection speed is 18Mb but my wired connection from hub to my mac is only 16.5mb and nothing has changed. All i know is that BT are renaming their packages and changing the goal posts so you end up with less but end up paying more. I am so fed up having to try and explaining things to them again and again of the issues so why dont they record what your connection rate was before you change the package so if you then are getting a lower speed there is an issue and you dont feel you are getting fleeced in getting less but paying more. I have a record of all speed tests from wifi for the last 3 months which show i was connecting 18.5 mb or more and therefore my wired connection was getting higher speeds. When i speak to their call centre in Inda i get the same responses all the time and dont feel they are doing what i have requested, I have asked to reset my line profile and rest my snr and in theory the broadband speeds should be going up and down until stabilisation however this does not so they are quick to tell you they have done something but in actual fact nothing has been done and they want to close the call. I Just want someone to assist in trying assist me or regrading me back as i worse off then i was before and then having to pay more for the privellage. Why is i cant speak to someone in the uk or someone who will take some ownership in trying to resolve this. I have all the records and willing to refer this to ofcom. As i am run my photogrphy business i would be willing to pay fttp to my house and on various broadband or telephone exchange search sites it says fttp is available but no one offering it to me. I think complaining to ofcom might be in order. Any help is fully appreciated

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Letmeboogey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unlimited faster broadband & Bt infinity

Here is one site that states fttp is availableScreen Shot 2018-02-28 at 21.46.00.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

FTTP is NOT available. It is FTTP on Demand that is available which is primarily a business product and not sold to residential customers.

You should edit out your phone number on your screen shot. This is a public forum and you could end up getting unwanted calls.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

That's is not FTTP but FTTP ON DEMAND which is different and has a cost. At present it is for business use. https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=0WyIM7tTGGguc...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Letmeboogey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Here is one site that states fttp on demand is available

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 23.25.56.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

As has already been posted, FTTP on Demand is a different product from FTTP.

Residential customers can not get FTTP on Demand. It is only available to business customers.

0 Ratings