Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Belvaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 46

Re: Unreal Service, just - unreal

Go to solution

And I got a message saying they could not get my land line to work. I tested my phone line and sent a text message back saying that my phone was working and that was it.

0 Ratings
Belvaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 46

Go to solution

And here is the news from BT Mumbai. Infinity is now not available to me due to work on my local exchange thus despite the sad truth that I had it 2 years ago before I was conned by TalkTalk into moving to them.

Mrs Support also refused to connect me to a manager to discuss this new story and so on and on we go. Does the Trade & Descriptions act apply to these scymbals? 

And no there has been no contact from anyone else from BT OR otherwise to explain why I should continue to enjoy my current broadband speed which is as low as 2 kb here in the boon docks of Cheltenham when the poor peasants in the sticks can get high speeds and my Portuguese tenants who live next door and would love a better connection too  tell me that anyone even in the small towns a long way from Mumbai and Lisbon  can enjoy speeds of 80 kbs at least.

Now come on I am waiting for the relevant luvvies from BTLAND to make excuses.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 46

Go to solution

I would wait on mods getting back to you now you have submitted the email and save all the stress of talking with the helpdesk

mods will take personal responsibility after making contact and give you one contact until resolved

not sure why you keep posting on someone else's thread instead of your own

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Staceh
Contributor
Message 34 of 46

Go to solution

Right as request by the tech team.

Engineer turned up - did not know anything about issues experienced, assumed this was a first call.

Knew nothing about replacement of overhead lines.

Done the usual testing, resulting in the usual movement of furniture (where do I send the bill for my time and the busted furniture?)  (also stated there is definately something wrong with my line.

So no further along, engineer has said he will try and come back tomorow to sort the issue, i'm not holding my breath, I'd turn blue.

Please get in touch and tell me exactly what is going to happen to resolve this debacle.

0 Ratings
Belvaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 46

Go to solution

Sorry to hear you are still suffering the BT Blues but thus is par for the course.

As for me BT now say that a change was made at my local exchange and that they are now not able to offer me infinity but can offer me faster broadband 15-20 mbits for £20 per month plus connection charges which is so so generous as my original deal offered me a BT card of £100 plus a quidco cashback of £120 😢which made that deal for infinite so much better.

Perhaps it would be cheaper and less stressful to migrate to sunny Portugal and it's much higher broadband speeds throughout the country.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 46

Go to solution

@Staceh

is your case handler due to call you to see how you got on with engineer visit?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Staceh
Contributor
Message 37 of 46

Go to solution

Nope, no call booked, he told me to post on here - therefore I'm posting on here.

First chance I've had to post as the broadbands been up and down like a whores drawers since the engineer visited.

I wonder if 'ofcom' would entertain me now, I reckon they'd at least listen to my rather lengthy complaint. @imjolly@NeilO@Keith_Beddoe@Webby

Took the time to read the forums today as well, looks like a pattern has been forming for some time, seriously why have upper manangement not lept on this problem and started swinging boots to deal with it.

I'm gonna apply for a job with BT, seems you don't have to do any actual work to get paid.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 46

Go to solution
Ofcom don't deal with individual complaints.

You can however take your issue to the ombudsman services: communications if the issue has not been resolved after 8 weeks.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Staceh
Contributor
Message 39 of 46

Go to solution

Suprise, the engineer came back, and done - something, dunno what, no change.

Did have to move the uber heavy welsh dresser to access the master socket for the 6th time, took 3 of us to lift it in there, and I'm expected to move it myself when the engineer turns up, he cannot help because of health and safety....

Missed a call from BT, please call back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Staceh
Contributor
Message 40 of 46

Go to solution

Hi David, as per your email, I have run the speed test and further diagnostics.

No Change.

Line dropping still.

Speeds still slower than a 3 legged tortoise

Download: 23.96

Upload: 3.70

Ping: 40.25

Further Diagnostics show:

Download 23.96

Upload: 3.7

However

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

0 Ratings