Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Staceh
Contributor
Message 1 of 46

Unreal Service, just - unreal

Go to solution

I have issues, my connection is dog slow, my connection keeps dropping, I have a crackle on my line.

After many calls, live chats, excuses, grief over a period from the 21st of June, I finally get a engineer to my property who confirms it not my kit but the line.

The engineer needs a second man to accomplish the overhead replacement, however none are available, he says work will be completed ASAP.

I believe him.

Apparently my fault is now resolved (again) even though its not, I'm on live chat to some 1st line scripted idiot who wants to have a engineer check my equipement again.

this is a very polite version of what I want to say, my connection has dropped 3 times whilst I've been typing it.

BT You are frankly a joke, your service is a joke, your BRITISH TELECOM yet, theres nothing british about your service, its all fob you off and scripted, no human understanding.  pathetic.

I would like a senior member of the complaints team to get in touch, I have names, transcripts, recorded calls, even CCTV of the engineers visit.  I look forward to speaking to ofcom.

0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 46

Re: Unreal Service, just - unreal

Go to solution
Ofcom won't entertain you.

If you have a noisy line then this as I'm sure you know will be causing the issues with your broadband.

I suspect the mods be will along soon to help.

Also, BT are called BT. The name British Telecom ceased to exist many many years ago.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 46

Go to solution

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 46

Go to solution

@Staceh Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your line and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted. 

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Staceh
Contributor
Message 5 of 46

Go to solution

If this is a customer to customer forum, I'm assuming the mods are also joe public, why do i Need to contact then, is there something useful they can do?

So its a utter waste of time, the only option avaiable is to wade through 1st line support, tearing my hair our at their general uselessness to get t teir 2 who have a slightly more advanced script.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 46

Go to solution

The mods are BT and they will sort your problem out.

Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 46

Go to solution

Top Tip
Your questions are primarily answered by other BT customers. The only employees on our community are the forum moderators and a few subject matter experts. We can easily be identified by our title underneath our username. The replies you will receive are from customers who's only intention is to help, so while we appreciate you have likely come to the forum because something has gone wrong and you are probably very annoyed, please don't take this out on members trying to help.

0 Ratings
Staceh
Contributor
Message 8 of 46

Go to solution

Thank you.

I have been promised by the complaints department for the 3rd time that the work on my overhead lines is going to commence on the 12th.

I will wait to see, if theres no improvment in service on the 13th, I will be in touch, again.

0 Ratings
Staceh
Contributor
Message 9 of 46

Go to solution

Scrap that, its been up and down 5 times in the last hour and speeds have dropped from a lousy 24mbit, to 14mbit, someone somewhere is taking the mickey.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 46

Go to solution
I suggest you take up NeilO's offer of help