cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 28

Re: Unresolved complaint with BT - is it possible for my neighbour to get BT Infinity and I can't?

If you could post the requested information from the hub we will be able to tell you what service you are receiving and have a better idea of what is going on with your line.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 28

Re: Unresolved complaint with BT - is it possible for my neighbour to get BT Infinity and I can't?

When you say you "had Infinity 2"  and "since renewing". Do you mean that you are just renewing your annual Infinity contract or do you mean that you were with BT then moved to another provider and since returning to BT you can not get Infinity?

If it is the later, it will be as has already been stated, your cabinet is fibre enabled but fr some unknown reason Openreach have said at present it is not available. This will be for any body wanting to order Infinity but it will not affect people already with Infinity.

0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 13 of 28

As I was asking the question on here of why I had been told BT could do nothing more for me and for me to go back to my MP , my wife was emailing the CEO of BT. We received a reply the following day and today after a telephone call from BT high level complaints team  and an order which I still though would not go through like the others I have checked my telephone Line on both openreach and BT line checks and all say I am connected and can order up to 80mb., which they were not when I checked them this morning.

If one person can do all this in a matter of hours why cannot the last ten or twelve people I have spoken to over  the last month do it.

I am keeping my fingers crossed all is in order , although I think they have already got the order wrong as I asked for unlimited infinity and it looks like they have placed an order for a 30gb cap. But I have a date of the 28 March for it to go live.

thank you to the mods for their interest and help, they do Stirling work on here.

0 Ratings
erwin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 28

Thanks licquorice and gg30340,

OK I did the speed test with a wired connection - here are my 2 screenshots.

Speedtest1.PNGSpeedtest2.PNG

I have a Homehub 5 - here are the stats from 1-12, see screenshot:

HomeHub5.png

There is no noise on my phone line when I did the quiet test, and my line is connected to the master socket.

Also, to clarify - I was just trying to renew my Infinity 2 annual contract this February when this problem happened - I did not leave BT to move to another provider. That's why I find this extra odd...I appeared to have Infinity 2 up until the time I renewed...which is when the problem occured. As you say, I should't be affected if I'm already with Infinity. I had Infinity 1 two years ago, then upgraded to Infinity 2 last year.

Grateful for your thoughts! 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 28

It would appear that you are as you suspected on "normal" ADSL broadband and not Infinity broadband.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem.  Because you already have a complaint running they may not be able to intervene but if they can if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link.

They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 28

You certainly appear to be on an ADSL service rather than Infinity 1 or 2. I don't know why you were put on that service when renewing but it until the checker shows otherwise, Infinity doesn't appear to be available to you. I will ask if one of the mods can see why you were put on ADSL but they probably won't be able to see why Infinity is unavailable to you at the moment. They should post here in the morning.

erwin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 28

Thanks very much licquorice and gg30340 for your quick replies, for helping to escalate this to the mods of this forum. I shall await their reply / input and look forward to being in touch with them if they can help.

Leehebrides, I'm glad you've had a breakthrough - good luck! If you have that CEO email address handy, do PM me.

Thank you all for your help. 

0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 18 of 28

Thanks, I am quite staggered with both the help from the mods here and the CEO email. My hubs been dispatched and in the Royal Mail system to be delivered tomorrow. 

Fingers crossed you can get something sorted, good luck

0 Ratings
erwin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 28

Thanks Leehebrides!

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 20 of 28

Hi @erwin,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings