cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulV000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Unstable Connection - several months, several calls, an engineer visit and worse than ever

Hi I am hoping someone from BT can help me... I have been a loyal customer of yours for many years. I am currently paying you £50 a month for a terribly unstable internet connection. It used to be fine but for the last 6 months it has been deteriorating. I have made a number of calls to your customer service department and have spent several hours with them on the phone or with your engineer when he visited (I took time off work to be home). And yet we are losing connectivity every few minutes each day. I don't want to waste any more time with this. My kids are losing homework time, we can't reliably stream entertainment or play online games. Please can somebody sort this out for me urgently. Thank you
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Unstable Connection - several months, several calls, an engineer visit and worse than ever

As it says at the start this is a community forum where customers help customers and your post does not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT employees they do not read all posts

for forum members to help and possibly the forum mods you need to post some nformation

can you post stats from your hub

try quiet line test. Dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

are you using the test socket with a filter instead of master to eliminate your internal wiring as causing any problems

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm   can you enter your phone number and post results remember delete number 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PaulV000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Re: Unstable Connection - several months, several calls, an engineer visit and worse than ever

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)8057.62015.949.2Available---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)68.64419.810.836.7Available---- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 18--16.5 to 20Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 18Up to 1.516.5 to 20Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date16-03-2018
0 Ratings
PaulV000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Screenshot 2018-03-22 at 20.58.08.png

0 Ratings
PaulV000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Thanks for the reply.

I tried quiet line test just now - seems fine (quiet).

We only have one socket in the house.  Engineer said internal wiring fine.

0 Ratings
PaulV000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

How do I get HUB stats to post?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Which hub do you have?

if hh6 then advanced settings the technical log information

if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
PaulV000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ64120473

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B522

Firmware updated:

17-Jan-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 8 Minutes 57 Seconds

Data rate:

10.00 Mbps / 54.60 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

15245 / 57217

Noise margin:

9.6 dB / 5.2 dB

Line attenuation:

17.9 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

3 MB Uploaded / 10 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-9S5R

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 1)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-9S5R

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

AC:84:C9:AE:20:CF

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

your stats look ok apart from the short connection time  with the number of drops in connection you say you have I am surprised that your noise margin is about normal and speed about attainable whereas normally you would expect a higher than normal noise margin and lower speed

have you tried test socket with a filter?

0 Ratings
PaulV000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Hi 

Thanks for your replies
I'm not sure how to use a "test socket with a filter"...?
We only have 1 socket in the house and that does have a filter on it.
Here's some fresh stats around the time it dropped out earlier today in case useful.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ64120473

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B522

Firmware updated:

17-Jan-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

-