cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stokesy410
Message 1 of 2

Unstable internet connection, BT Infinity

Hi,

We've had BT Infinity for probably around 2 years now, and it's never really been an issue until about 4 months ago. My brothers and I are all keen gamers, we each have a PC/xbox that we play games on, online.

Recently is has been almost impossible for us to play, over the past 4 months. The latency/lag/ping or whatever you want to call it is simply not stable enough. It's constantly hopping up and down from around 30 to anything up to 600, which as you can imagine makes the games run very choppy and delayed.

I've tried calling BT regarding this but to be quite honest they don't have a clue what I'm talking about when I mention latency or "ping" issues. They just give us the usual routine of "what colour is the light on your router" s**t.

After 4 months we are becoming very frustrated and thinking about switching ISP if we are unable to resolve the problem and it simply doesn't meet our needs.

Can anyone help regarding this?While I'm pretty handy with a computer, my knowledge is limited with regards to internet connections so any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dan

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Stokesy410
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unstable internet connection, BT Infinity

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date  High Low High Low    

FTTC Range A (Clean)8077.82020--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)8069.52019--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 9--7 to 11.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 9Up to 17 to 11.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 6--5 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings