Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 71

Unusual appearance of the BTW speed test

BTW speed.JPG

I have just run the BTW speed test and the appearance is unusual.  Has anyone else seen this ?

0 Ratings
70 REPLIES 70
DanielS
Message 2 of 71

Re: Unusual appearance of the BTW speed test

Hey @pompey1898,

It looks normal to me. Scroll down on that page for the further diagnostics if that's what you're after Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 71

Re: Unusual appearance of the BTW speed test - Test not working properly

Yes I have got a similar problem. The test is not working properly 

I got these 

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

The test was done with a wired connection . Both Ookla and Speed of me had the expected 51-53 down and 8.9-9.3 up.
There has to be a fault with the tester as the further diagnostics clearly shows a completely different upload speed. Also when running the test there is no smooth progression of the bar showing the completion of the download/ upload testing - it crawls along to the halfway point when doing the download and then jumps to the upload bar. I even had a 0.00 download speed reported.

I used Edge but the same thing happens with Chrome with similar results.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 71

BTW speed 2.JPG

Hi @DanielS,

Still the same for me as the picture I posted.  The format of the further diagnostics are as they have always been.

I find it hard to believe that my upload speed has dropped to 0.50Mbps.  The FD says 3.07Mbps, which also way below my norm of ~5.2Mbps, see below. Edit For some reason the picture has been posted above

If these new figures are to be believed then I think I may have a problem.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 71

so it is not the btspeedtester appearance but the actual results that are the problem - title is misleading

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
william347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 71

Thanks for your post.

My broadband is working well but I have exactly the same symptoms as you with the new  BT speed tester.

Have tried a few other online speed checkers which all gave consistent results as follows

ping 17ms,   download 71mb/s,  upload 19 mb/s

BT Speed Tester

ping 81ms,  download 65mb/s,  upload 1.4mb/s

Think they should have stayed with the old version

0 Ratings
Alanrf
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 71

Yes.  It has been dysfunctional all day, on all browsers.   Download is, eventually, reported at around the expected value, but upload varies from 0.0 to around 0.05.

Other speedtesters such as "SpeedofMe" and "Speedtest.net" give consistent and  "normal"  results.

The BT Speedtester has tended  to be erratic at times, (and browser sensitive),  over the years, sadly.

Alan
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 71

@imjollywrote:

so it is not the btspeedtester appearance but the actual results that are the problem - title is misleading

Yes it was the appearance that prompted me to make this post. 

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 71

The stupid thing is still not working properly for me. The download is still below normal and upload <1 but is now 8.19 when running the further diagnostics - it was 7.17 everytime I ran it yesterday. I currently have a connection time of 60 days and the max download reported has been 48 but this is what my order confirmation 31 May shows 

Capture3.PNG

I know that it is the tester which is wrong but the speed is now apparently below the minimum guaranteed.

Another thing I have noticed is that CCleaner shows there to be more files and double the total file size to be cleared since this problem started - this is only for opening edge and running the first part of the test not the further diagnostics.

I appreciate the Mods don't have any say in that this is the official speed test but can they at least report the fault in the hope that something gets done.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 10 of 71

Hi All,

As you know, we don't manage the btwholesale.com domain. I've reached out to our contacts within BT Wholesale to make them aware of this thread and the varying results that you all have seen.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings