cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 71

Re: Unusual appearance of the BTW speed test

@DanielS  Thank you for at least trying to make the problem visible to the right people. The annoying thing is that surely the people in charge must be aware that the official speed test is now verging on being not fit for purpose and also still using flash is just moronic in my opinion.

But thanks for helping out.

0 Ratings
Mustafa_Islam
Contributor
Message 12 of 71

It’s kind of the opposite for me, it shows I’m getting download speeds of over 200mbps on bt infinity 1 but ookla Speedtest shows I’m getting 50. It’s a weird occurance. I don’t think anyone should use the bt test ever. It’s inaccuract almost always.
pippincp
Sage
Message 13 of 71

Looking at the high download speed it appears you used chrome or firefox for the test. It hasn't been working with those 2 browsers for a while.

0 Ratings
william347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 71

I use  safari on high sierra,  the correct results I posted are taken from ookla.

Line speeds are down 7999, up 1999.

As others have posted BT tester is rubbish

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 71

Still unusual and inaccurate, for me, even though I installed a new router this morning.

The lack of posts on here may suggest that not many people use this to check their speeds.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 71

@pompey1898wrote:

Still unusual and inaccurate, for me, even though I installed a new router this morning.

The lack of posts on here may suggest that not many people use this to check their speeds.

It is highly likely that not many do use the btspeedtest because it has been flaky in the past and in my case doesn't work properly with Chrome , now my preferred browser since   Firefox reported a 40% lower speed from Oct last year. Even fewer people will be using it now especially since it still needs flash which is obsolete and not supported anymore - all the other speed sites have switched to non flash testing.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 71

Still getting inaccurate download but today the upload was 14 which is rubbish as I am on a 55/10 package. On running the further diags on Sun Tues and today the upload was always shown as 7.17 Mon it was 8.5.
Thinkbroadband test has consistently given 51-52/8.8-9.1 since June and over the last few days.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 71

Hi @conrad, @DanielS and others,

Still strange appearance and low upload speed for me as well.

Hopefully @DanielS will chase BTW to get the problem resolved ASAP.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 71

It needs to be fixed because I am on a 55/10 package with a guaranteed minimum speed of 50Mbps which isn't achieved by the speed test which to me makes it not fit for its purpose and the sooner a decent test is provided , which works on all browsers, the better.
Don't know how BT intend to cope if users with speed problems , or not , use it and report that their speeds are below the guarantee per the official test even though there may be nothing wrong with the line.

Anyway lets hope it gets fixed/replaced flying pigs permitted.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 71

@DanielSwrote:

Hi All,

As you know, we don't manage the btwholesale.com domain. I've reached out to our contacts within BT Wholesale to make them aware of this thread and the varying results that you all have seen.

Thanks

DanielS

Hi @DanielS,

Have you had any joy with BTW yet please ?

There is also a problem with http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do

0 Ratings