Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lewiswalsh
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Unusually slow upload

Go to solution

Long story short. Contract with BT was cancelled due to a huge misunderstanding. Managed to get reconnected after seven weeks. Was with Infinity Unlimited 2 before the problems. Now on a new contract on Infinity 1.

Before the problems my upload speed was around 16Mbps. Now I'm getting 1.8Mbps. BT Infinity 1 is supposed to give up to 9.5Mbps.

Back when I had ADSL with  BT I had an upload speed of around 5Mbps.

Below are my test results showing my upload is capped at 2Mbps, this seems wrong.

bt_test_res_1.JPG

Below are the availability checker results showing my cabinet (which is maybe 40 yards away, with the exchange itself maybe 200 yards away). At worst my upload capability is 13.6.

bt_test_res_2.JPG

Can anyone offer any help with this or do I need to call BT?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Unusually slow upload

Go to solution

Can you post stats from your hub

i think you are on the old infinity 1 package and hopefully stats will confirm. We can then see if mods can get you on the standard 55/10mb infinity 1 package

by the way the max up speed on adsl2/2+ Is about 1.1/1.2 mb so you could not have had a 5mb upload speed previously

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
lewiswalsh
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply Imjolly, here are my 'stats':

1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076286+1527000905
3. Firmware version: v0.07.06.01239-BT (Type B) Last updated 15/2/2017
4. Board version: 01
5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 00:03:42
6. Data Rate: 1999 / 40000
7. Maximum Data Rate: 14137 / 57533
8. Noise Margin: 15.9 / 12.1
9. Line Attenuation: 28.1 / 19.7
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 0.3 MB / 1.0 MB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi: Yes
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: NumberSixty
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: 11
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: NumberSixty5ghz
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 5c:dc:96:87:ed:5c
24. Software variant: -
25. Boot loader: 0.5.1-BT (Wed Nov 12 11:52:05 2014)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

you are on an older infinity package 40/2mb  what did the confirmation email say for your conenction speeds

it may be you phone options team as just change package and tell them you are on wrong package and should be 55/10mb  0800800030

if no joy there then post back and we can see if mods can help sort it out but options team first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lewiswalsh
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

After a long conversation I was told that there is no guaranteed upload speed and since my download speed of 40Mbps  is higher than their guaranteed speed of 35Mbps there is nothing they can do.

When I asked why since the renewal of the contract I've been capped at 40/2 they said that sometimes they do this to make sure everyone gets a fair service which sounded like complete rubbish to me.

The only thing that has changed is the billing and I've lost 75% of my upload capability which makes work difficult and online backup almost impossible.

Anything the mods can do?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
I have asked mods to see if they can help they will post here

Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @lewiswalsh,

We'll take a look to see what profile you're on with BT Wholesale and see if we can have it changed. There's a chance that our suppliers have it capped so it may require an engineer visit to change it.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

lewiswalsh
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks @imjolly, and @DanielS I've contacted you using the form as you requested. Appreciate your help.

0 Ratings
lewiswalsh
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

A nice fella named Robbie called me Friday to confirm I should be on 55/10 and it will be changed on the next working day, I assume Tuesday. Hopefully wednesday the 40/2 cap should be lifted. I'll let you know.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

looks forward to your update and hopefully improved speed

0 Ratings