cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boss89
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Update: 5 Weeks of no broadband

BT and Openreach both said they "do not know how or when this will be fixed". I'm now having to work from home (Skype calls, meetings and software development) with a 4G router. This is totally unacceptable 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Update: 5 Weeks of no broadband

As was said on your previous thread there is nothing BT Retail can do as it is up to openreach to fix your problem

you had more than one offer of help from forum mods and I suggest you take up that offer and at least you will get some correct information about the problem and regular updates.  I am not saying this will speed up fix just you will have more information

I assume your phone line is still working

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

As I said openreach are aware of the problem and haven’t provided a fix date. Seeing as BT won’t pass our information on to get the fault repaired we’re stuck in a negative feedback loop. Furthermore, I’ve taken an offer of help through the fault tracking portal and a call to BT. As of tonight there’s no update and no resolution in sight. 

I don’t see why this is so difficult to get right. At over £80 a month you’d think they’d have some good resources at hand...

0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

It’s also 20 days since I sent a letter to BT, still haven’t had a reply...

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Don't know anything about that just if you want to get some help then you need to complete the mod email and they will contact you when your email reaches top of inbox probably 2/3days. At least that way you will get some update from a BT employee who want to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I honestly think we’ve exhausted every option. We’ve raised the fault in writing,  by email and on the phone. We even spoke to an engineer in person and we’ve had no updates. Every time we contact BT there’s no record of the fault

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Well what have you got to lose by contacting mods?  Mods will at least find out the real problem and update you which must be better than all the misinformation you have had so far

you can check the forum for the number of people who have received assistance from the mods