cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 35

Re: Upgrade from Superfast Fibre 2 to Ultrafast Fibre 100

Is there nobody that can help? I know the BT staff here can't fix FTTP problems, but I'm just looking for some help in explaining to BT what's wrong, and what needs fixing. My problems:

1. The Fibre 100 order has now gone through okay, but I'm still getting only 74Mbps download. My product is listed as Halo with Fibre 100, but only has a stayfast guarantee of 34Mbps. Surely this should be 100Mbps as in the name "Fibre 100"?
  2. Performance test from hub still gives an error about BT not being able to contact the hub, so I can't prove to BT what speed I'm getting.
  3. I still can't add BT Protect.

I'm just looking for anyone to suggest what precisely I need to tell BT to help them fix this. So far they haven't got a clue about what needs to be fixed. The best guess I've had so far is the Openreach Engineer saying that she thinks BT still have me allocated to an FTTC service, even though our copper line is an EO line.

But who in BT (or Openreach?) can fix that? Whenever I follow mods instructions to ring the FTTP phone number, they transfer me to the value team 😞

And where is the "thing" that regulates my speed down to 74Mbps? Is that at the exchange, or somewhere within BT's own infrastructure systems?

EDIT: Sorry, one more question. BT said that I need a new hub as well, that's still awaiting despatch but is due for delivery today. Could the hub be causing all these problems? Although I see that my FTTP connection has an IP profile of 74Mbps according to the BT Wholesale speedchecker.

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 35

Update, although I realise that I’m only talking to myself now.  BT called me Saturday evening and said that it’s Openreach’s problem, but no idea when it will be fixed 😞

what could be wrong at the Openreach end to prevent BTs system allowing an upgrade to Fibre 100?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 33 of 35

You are talking to yourself as you are asking questions no one here can answer. As you've been told before all FTTP faults are dealt with by the FTTP team.

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 35

@pippincpwrote:

You are talking to yourself as you are asking questions no one here can answer. As you've been told before all FTTP faults are dealt with by the FTTP team.

How do you know that “no one here can answer”?  Surely there must be other FTTP users on this forum that might have had similar problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 35

I very much doubt it, your problem seems unique.