cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 35

Upgrade from Superfast Fibre 2 to Ultrafast Fibre 100

Hi, I recently switched to BT, taking their FTTP product - Superfast Fibre 2.

Now that I'm with BT, I see that their Ultrafast Fibre 100 is the same price that I'm paying, but is twice the speed. So I tried to UPGRADE. Logged into My BT, selected My Products, and used the UPGRADE button on my broadband product.

But all I ever get is a message "You've already got our top broadband and TV products. We can’t beat that, so we don’t have any personalised deals for you here at the moment. We hope you're enjoying being online with BT." Same happens if I try to add BT TV, or BT Sport, etc.

If I logout of My BT, and just check my phone numbers & address, Ultrafast Fibre 100 and 250 are both available.

So, how do I tell the My BT page that I don't have their "top broadband and TV products"?

0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 35

Re: Upgrade from Superfast Fibre 2 to Ultrafast Fibre 100

Give the FTTP team a ring on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 35

I already talked to them a few days ago. They told me that once my service went live I should go online and use My BT to upgrade. Was that not correct?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 35

Ring them back and explain it won't let you do it. They should be able to sort you out.

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 35

Okay, once our landline is working again I will.

Just tried on Chat, and I've been told that Ultrafast isn't even available at my address, which is weird since we currently have FTTP service with BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 35

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 35

1.jpg

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 35

@imjollywrote:

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

So I did this, but what does this tell you?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 35

It tells us you can get Ultrafast.

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 35

I already know I should be able to get Ultrafast, given that I’m already on a FTTP product. So why do BT say I can’t? I spoke to someone called Gavin yesterday, and he confirmed that I can’t upgrade to Ultrafast. Why would that be? Is there some reason why I can’t move from the 80/20 FTTP service to the 150/30 FTTP service?

0 Ratings