cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjstokes85
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Upgrade has only increased DL by 3mb and upload by 0mb?

I was estimated the get 76dl and 20ul and nearly a week later I am only getting 41upload max 3 more than I used to get and my upload is 6.5, the same i used to get. My IP profile for DL is 41. something meg and my upload IP profile is 20meg, so why I am stuck at 41 and 6.5?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
mjstokes85
Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: Upgrade has only increased DL by 3mb and upload by 0mb?

Can anyone shine light on this? I have rebooted the router and my speed is still the same.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 17

Hui mjstokes85, sorry to hear about your issues, could you run a B.T speedtest and post your results. http://www.speedtester.bt.com/
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
ukdeveloper
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

@mjstokes85 wrote:

Can anyone shine light on this? I have rebooted the router and my speed is still the same.

Wooohoo!!!

You now belong to the very elitist "infinity upgrade did nothing for us club". Be proud!!!!

On a more serious note, BT wont do anything for you until the 10 day stabilisation period has lapsed. Then, they can look into why your speeds are less than you anticipated.

You may however not be able to get higher speeds. I was estimated 64Meg. Was getting 33ish, had an engineer out, changed the dropwire to my premises and was getting maxed out at 50Mb at the socket on a 50Mb banded profile. I spoke with BT today and asked then to reset the profile and was told im on the best profile already and that nothing can be done.

Ive now lost the will to live!

UKD.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

Did the engineer find a fault UKD? If he did and had fixed it, if your line is stable DLM will remove the banded profile in time. Just keep an eye on it but in the mean time just use the internet rather than worrying yourself about that extra 10meg that in reality you'll never notice 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
sahotaquack
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 17

Welcome to the club! Was expecting 65 and my profile is 41 aswell ! Tbh the was no point posting on here, most people come up with the same old rubbish or they tend to ignore the thread!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

The same old rubbish that is most likely the truth.

People don't like the truth though, they want to live their lives wearing rose tinted glasses.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
sahotaquack
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 17

As in the truth of me previously being stuck on a 28mb profile, apparently the 'most my line could handle' although it went up to 38 a month or so after.
Same people, posting the same stuff, on the same forum and most of all, answering the same questions with the same old rubbish over and over again.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 17

Until we can find an actual solution to it all, if there is one, unfortunately it's going to be that way. We're hoping to hear something from the mods or B.T that will help those who are suffering with their speeds.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
mjstokes85
Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Thanks for your replies, I am not that bothered, as before infinity i was on 2meg max so even 10 meg to me is amazing, I will just play the waiting game and see what happens after 10 days, I haven't yet rebooted the actual modem, only the router so maybe I will try that.

0 Ratings