cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
_Richards_
Message 1 of 16

Upgrade not happened.

So, after an agonising battle with phone support on my router dropping connection constantly and for a week at a time. The issue was finally resolved, only to open up this issue of my address not getting a promised upgrade on the said date it should. I should now be on 14mbps down due to a recent upgrade. My cabinet reads that there is in fact a better speed than the current available and so does BTs website whenever I search my address.

"Geat news, you can get speeds of up to 14Mb with Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited."

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)13.87.91.20.86.1Available---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)13.85.81.20.63.4Available---- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 4--3 to 7Available--Yes 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 4Up to 0.53 to 7Available--Yes 
ADSL MaxUp to 3.5--2.5 to 6.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available--Yes 
Fixed Rate1----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapY      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date07-06-2018   

Even my order tracker says that I have recieved the upgrade. I have rebooted and checked my router several times. Yet I am now paying 3 quid more for the same internet.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Upgrade not happened.

Can you post stats from your router. The change to superfast plus is not going to give you a better speed than you had before. Speed will be as fast as your line can handle within the estimated range

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
_Richards_
Message 3 of 16

The upgrade says I can go up to 14mbps but I am currently at 2mbps. 19ms Ping, 1.61mbps down, 0.73 up.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Sounds more like adsl2 but need you to post stats from hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
_Richards_
Message 5 of 16

what stats where?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Which hub do you have? If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information If hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

0 Ratings
_Richards_
Message 7 of 16

1. Product Name: HomeHub5

2. Serial number:  

3. Firmware version: v0.07.07.03230-BT (Type B) Last updated 12/5/2018

4. Board version: 01

5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 02:37:10

6. Data Rate: 800 / 1999

7. Maximum Data Rate: 940 / 4248

8. Noise Margin: 8.9 / 7.8

9. Line Attenuation: 14.9 / 32.2

10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0

11. Data sent/received: 151.5 MB / 972.8 MB

12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

13. BT Wi-fi: Yes

14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: 

15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))

16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)

17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)

18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: 

19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))

20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)

21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)

22. Firewall: Default

23. MAC Address:  

24. Software variant: -

25. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Tue Jun 17 18:52:56 2014)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Looks like adsl2 not FTTC

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results must be done with wired connection http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
_Richards_
Message 9 of 16

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 1.69 Mbps

0 Mbps1.74 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.69 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1.22 Mbps-1.74 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 1.74 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.74 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.74Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

You can see from the up profile of 20mb you have been upgraded to superfast plus or what was infinity 2

are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your connection speed by eliminating your internal wiring causing problems