So, after an agonising battle with phone support on my router dropping connection constantly and for a week at a time. The issue was finally resolved, only to open up this issue of my address not getting a promised upgrade on the said date it should. I should now be on 14mbps down due to a recent upgrade. My cabinet reads that there is in fact a better speed than the current available and so does BTs website whenever I search my address.
"Geat news, you can get speeds of up to 14Mb with Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited."
Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper High Low High Low Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings Availability Date Premise environmentStatus
|VDSL Range A (Clean)||13.8||7.9||1.2||0.8||6.1||Available||--||--|
|VDSL Range B (Impacted)||13.8||5.8||1.2||0.6||3.4||Available||--||--|
|FTTP on Demand||330||30||--||Available||--||--|
|WBC ADSL 2+||Up to 4||--||3 to 7||Available||--||Yes|
|WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M||Up to 4||Up to 0.5||3 to 7||Available||--||Yes|
|ADSL Max||Up to 3.5||--||2.5 to 6.5||Available||--||--|
|WBC Fixed Rate||1||--||--||Available||--||Yes|
|Last Test Date||07-06-2018|
Even my order tracker says that I have recieved the upgrade. I have rebooted and checked my router several times. Yet I am now paying 3 quid more for the same internet.
Can you post stats from your router. The change to superfast plus is not going to give you a better speed than you had before. Speed will be as fast as your line can handle within the estimated range
Sounds more like adsl2 but need you to post stats from hub
1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number:
3. Firmware version: v0.07.07.03230-BT (Type B) Last updated 12/5/2018
4. Board version: 01
5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 02:37:10
6. Data Rate: 800 / 1999
7. Maximum Data Rate: 940 / 4248
8. Noise Margin: 8.9 / 7.8
9. Line Attenuation: 14.9 / 32.2
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 151.5 MB / 972.8 MB
12. Broadband username: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. BT Wi-fi: Yes
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID:
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID:
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address:
24. Software variant: -
25. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Tue Jun 17 18:52:56 2014)
Looks like adsl2 not FTTC
can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results must be done with wired connection http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/
1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
|0 Mbps||1.74 Mbps|
Max Achievable Speed
| Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.69 Mbps|
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1.22 Mbps-1.74 Mbps .
IP Profile for your line is - 1.74 Mbps
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
|0 Mbps||20 Mbps|
Max Achievable Speed
|Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.74Mbps|
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.
You can see from the up profile of 20mb you have been upgraded to superfast plus or what was infinity 2
are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your connection speed by eliminating your internal wiring causing problems