5. VDSL uptime: 3 days, 10:54:41
6. Data Rate: 9999 / 39998
7. Maximum Data Rate: 24243 / 77969
8. Noise Margin: 22.7 / 26.4
9. Line Attenuation: 20.8 / 17.3
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 606.3 MB / 5.7 GB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Above are my stats from HH5, can anyone advise if its worth upgrading to Infinity 2. I am currently within my 10 day settling in period and am currently acheiving 37 on Infinity 1.

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Upgrade or Not

@steviegal, we are on Infinity1 and are perfectly happy with the service we've been getting for some months, taking into account the costs involved. The best we get is a steady 38Mb, which is 10 times the speed we achieved prior to going on Infinity. Some web pages are becoming increasingly advert-laden, these do 'freeze up' loading, but I imagine they freeze up for everyone, even those with faster connections. I would be interested to know how you get on. Have a great Christmas, good luck and choose well!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Depends on what you do with your connection. Unless you regularly download huge (multi GB) files or stream multiple UHD channels, there is absolutely no point, Infinity1 is perfectly adequate.

0 Ratings
steviegal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I am interested in streaming 4KUHD channel from BT and understand they require a 50Mbps to provide the service

0 Ratings
steviegal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

But my question is will my line achieve Infinity 2 speeds (i am approx 500m from my cabinet)

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 9

According to your stats you should achieve around 75Mbps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

75mb is more likely the down conenction speed is 500m from cab so download speed will be less than that.  try using something like adblock for your browser and stop the ads loading

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@steviegal wrote:

But my question is will my line achieve Infinity 2 speeds (i am approx 500m from my cabinet)

Looking at your stats, I suspect you are closer to 300m rather than 500m. Infinity2 speeds definitely achievable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

@steviegal wrote:

I am interested in streaming 4KUHD channel from BT and understand they require a 50Mbps to provide the service

If you mean the BT Sport UHD live multicast channel on BT TV then your line needs to support a connection speed of at least 44Mbps but you can order the BT TV UHD product on either Infinity 1 or Infinity 2. It manages the multicast TV requirements differently to the normal internet data speed cap.

So you don't need Infinity 2 for BT TV live UHD. 

If you enter your phone number on the normal BT Consumer product/sales pages I would expect it to give a connection range of something like 70 - 77Mbps as possible on your line. So your line should easily meet the 44Mbps requirement.

0 Ratings