cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Upgrade to Adsl2+

Hi I recently moved my Mum to BT from another provider. However the connection is super slow. She's been going crazy as she can't video call her Mum or other family. I can't get up straight away but from what I can tell I think she's on adsl speeds which aren't great particularly upload. Can she be moved on to Adsl2+ as I believe that's what she was on with previous providers again judging by speed's. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgrade to Adsl2+

BT logo

Broadband Availability Checker

Telephone Number  on Exchange  is served by Cabinet 12

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback

Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in Jumper

High Low High Low    

VDSL Range A (Clean) help 79 60.6 20 19 56.4 Available Available --

VDSL Range B (Impacted) help 77.8 59.5 20 19 54.3 Available Available --

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available --

ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 9.5 -- 8.5 to 10.5 Available Available --

WBC ADSL2+ Annex M Up to 9.5 Up to 1 8.5 to 10.5 Available Available --

ADSL Max Up to 5 -- 4 to 6 Available Available --

WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available Available --

Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --

Observed Speeds VDSL

Max Observed Downstream Speed 77.47

Max Observed Upstream Speed 20

Observed Date 2021-05-31

Other Offerings Availability Date

VDSL Multicast Available

ADSL Multicast Available

Premise Environment Status

Bridge Tap U

VRI --

NTE FacePlate --

Last Test Date 02-06-2021

Exchange Product Restrictions Status

FTTP Priority Exchange N

WLR Withdrawal N

SOADSL Restriction Y

The premise/line is associated with exchange which is NOT part of current fibre priority programme.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where WLR is not withdrawn.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where SOADSL service is restricted.

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30 Nov 2012. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Thank you for your interest

By submitting a query into this checker you accept Terms of Use for this checker.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@Beki88 

Fibre 1 or fibre 2 is available, and they would be much better for video calls,

You can upgrade online, or by calling 0800 800 030.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Keith_Beddoe  No need to upgrade,the checker shows the OP is already on FTTC getting 77M

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Beki88 Make sure you have turned off Smart Setup

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

Are you connecting by Ethernet cable or wifi?

Message 6 of 6

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

as already posted the connection is VDSL Fibre 2  not adsl as you posted.  based on dslchecker connection wi running well and well within expected range

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings