cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Upgrade to Ultrafast 900

It is now 2 weeks since I ordered an upgrade to my Ultrafast fttp connection. I had the 300/50 one and decided to upgrade to the 900/110 service. The notification said the upgrade would occur next day. Unfortunately the upload speed increased to 110 but the download speed remained at 300. I see on My BT that BT have not completed the order and that they have a technical issue to resolve. I phoned BT support last week and they said the issue was with BT Wholesale - there was a hold up by them in processing orders. Since then I have received two texts from them giving me dates when the upgrade will finally happen, both dates have now passed and no speed improvement. I am a little confused as to why the upload speed has increased when the order has yet to be processed by BT Wholesale. Are there separate orders for upgrade to upload speeds and download speeds. Can anyone explain what is going on? I cannot complain about any of this as prior to the fibre I was only able to get 8/1.2 Mbs on the fastest and most expensive BT Internet service. I am now thinking with Christmas and the New Year soon to be with us this upgrade ain't going to happen soon. 

stanch

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Upgrade to Ultrafast 900

Were you speaking with the FTTP TEAM 08005874787?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hello imjolly,

It may have been, the texts are from T++++ from Accrington.

Rgds.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

The only people who really can help you are FTTP TEAM using the number I posted. If you are unsure then give them a call

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hello imjolly,

Thank you for your reply. I will contact them, unfortunately due to my work I won't be able to do this until Monday. I was hoping that I could get some further information here as clearly I am getting a response from BT which I cannot understand. Is this forum just an alternative communication of BT's response to an issue? 

Yesterday I received this text :-

Hello, BT here. The technical fault with our suppliers at BT Wholesale has now been resolved. Your upgraded Fibre services (FF900 Halo 1) will be live by midnight on 17-Dec-2020. If you need any support setting up your service, take a look at bt.com/help Please don't reply to this text - we won't see it. Thanks.

This morning after rebooting the router I had this result from BT Wholesale Speed Test:-

18/12/2020 BTW Performance Tester
https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/details 1/1
Basic Speed Test
Broadband Speed
Test
Executed
Successfully
AGAIN Additional Diagnostic
PING
ms
DOWNLOAD
Mbps
UPLOAD
Mbps

This is from an ethernet connection to the router.

Is it possible to log this issue with BT via email?  I use my own router and mesh networking and because the BT troubleshooting website cannot run the speed check to the Smart Hub it does not allow me to register the issue. Because of my work I cannot phone them.

Rgds.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Interesting, I have a similar issue, upgraded on the 14th dec from the 330 package to the 900, and all I’ve seen is an increase in the upload speed to 110 mbps? I’m using the BT smart hubs - got a 1 and 2.

I’ll maybe give them a call again on Monday with this info.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@stanchel  What result do you get from https://fast.com/  ?

0 Ratings