cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Upgrade to fibre broadband at no extra cost

To date fibre has not been available to me and I currently have a copper connection with top speeds (on a really good day) of 3Mb and a Stay Fast guarantee of 1Mb, with regular drops in service, for which we are paying nearly £30.  The house is on a country road (with fibre running underneath it) just over a mile from the cabinet.

In January I received a letter from BT advising that they would be upgrading my service to fibre broadband at no extra cost.  No speed or completion estimates were given.  I would be contacted when they had switched me over.  I have heard nothing since and when I phoned the enquiry number given in the letter, the BT rep didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

My current contract expires on 22 July and I have just received 'personalised' broadband renewal offers,  all of which involve fibre and all of which cost more than I am paying now.  They range from £33.36 for something called Fibre 2 to £61.99(!) for 'Fibre with Halo 1 and complete wi-fi'.  In all cases the speeds on offer are the same, ie a Stay Fast Guarantee of an unimpressive 4Mb.

As I have failed to speak to anyone at BT to help clear up this confusion, I would be very grateful if anyone can help shed light on this.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrade to fibre broadband at no extra cost

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

this will show what is available to you and then you can take it from there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

The table is somewhat technical and therefore of limited assistance to me, I'm afraid.   Also, it seems to indicate what is available  from the cabinet, which is not the same as what is available to my home eg it lists FTTP as available when the most BT offers as available is an average of 7Mb.  However, many thanks for taking the trouble to respond.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

the intention was to use the link and then post the results on the forum and you would then get assistance from forum members  this may help

https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images/title/images2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings