cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Upgrade to from FTTC to FTTP

Go to solution

Hi,

I am currently coming to the end of my existing FTTC Broadband contract . Talking to an Openreach engineer yesterday,  there are good indications  that FTTP may soon be available in my area. No surprise there, as recently  BT showed little interest in installing fibre cables in and around our village up until now  - there is a competitor who has already laid Fibre cable at the top of our street using BT duct-share agreements and is ready to supply FTTP Broadband now.  As far as I  know,  the only missing  piece of the jigsaw ,  is a few feet of duct which connects the BT main duct to the ductwork serving our street. The existing connection is via buried armoured cable. (an old Post Office Telephones installation who were clearly unaware of the trouble they were storing up for the far future.). The competitor is currently unable to supply fibre to us because of this.   Openreach guys were surveying the street with a view to feasibility and costings for laying the extra piece of pipe. (amazing what a bit of competition will do...)  Since I probably will renew my contract with BT and FTTP is likely to be available during its lifetime, will I be able to upgrade to FTTP within the existing contract or have to close one and start another?

Cheers

PT

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Upgrade to from FTTC to FTTP

Go to solution

You would be able to upgrade but it would necessarily have to be a new contract.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
No problem there as long as there is no penalties for switching contracts.
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @oldbuffer1, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. There would be no penalty for upgrading to FTTP but as pipin has mentioned you would have to agree to a new contract on the FTTP package.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Like yourself I am looking to upgrade to FTTP (has just been provided in my location). However as an existing customer I find that instead of being able to obtain the "...£49.99Δ a month 24 month contract..." being offered, I as an  am expected to pay £64.99 a month! How can they justify this rip off of loyal customers?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@Chiefexec 

you have posted elsewhere and been given a possible answer, by me. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@CJT80Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!