cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Upgraded from fiber 1 to fiber 2

Hi all, quick one , switched from ee back to bt, the mrs got confused and selected fiber 1 package when It should have been fiber 2 , no drama can easily upgrade , takes 10 days for line to settle , first few days same speed as ee , then daily would get faster on 4th day was consistently hitting 53 mbs, awesome, went online and upgraded to fiber 2 , 3 days later fiber 2 was active , first speed test 47 mbits , 5 days later still the same ?, would dlm have reset after upgrade and 10 days start again, router hasn't dropped connection and has been on constantly? Should I wait till after 10 days before raising a ticket, my guarantee speed should be 51 but should be getting way more than that ? Bit if a strange one getting faster speeds on fiber 1 vs fiber 2 ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Upgraded from fiber 1 to fiber 2

You will only get whatever speed your line is capable of. If it is less than 55M it won't make any difference whether you have fibre1 or fibre2.

Post your hub stats and we can see what your line is capable of.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

yeh fully aware of the dynamics regarding speeds tbh, fiber 1 was pushing a solid 53 mbits after 4 days yet upgrading to the faster fiber 2 im only maxing between 47 and 49? this is my issue ? getting way faster upload speeds than fiber 1 , currently have an aftermarket router in use  so will wait untill the 10 days stabalisation is finished , just find it very strange , if no improvment i will downgrade to fiber 1 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@nokiaman1978 

As @licquorice  posted if you previously on fibre 1 could not get the max connection speed of 55mb then upgrading to fibre 2 is not going to make any difference and be better going back to fibre 1 and save some money

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

As I said in post this was only day 4 of 10 when fiber 1 was hitting the same speed 53.25 every speed test so felt it could go faster , when I upgraded to fiber 2 would dlm have reset and started again ? What I'm not understanding is why was fiber one hitting 53 and fiber 2 now only between 47 and 49 ? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

update guys, i didnt really want to reboot modem during dlm settling period but went for  but went for it and once rebooted and connected again my speeds jumped to just under 56 mbits, still have 5 days left of settling period so hopefully get a bit more speed out of line, thanks for assistance, pretty happy nearly a 20% increase

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

If you post your connection stats from the router we'll see what you will be able to get.

Advanced settings/technical log/Information.

0 Ratings