Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikebren12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Upgraded infinity 2. No change

• Hi guys,

new to the forum, one very frustrated customer.

Infinity 1 was running at around 35-37 d and 5-6 up. Decided as my brother who lives a 100yds away and has infinity 2 running at around 55-57 d and 18-20 up, I would upgrade.

i contacted Bt and upgraded on the 4th of April, and was advised it would be up and running the next day b4 midnight, brilliant I thought..

unfortunately no upturn in speed has materialised... I went through the usual stuff, it'll take ten days to settle malarkey.. rang again, there was no fault etc, but then there was, was told they'd monitor my line, and come back to me. Nothing.. called again was informed they'd found a fault at the cabinet and it would be dealt with and would be sorted by May 1st... 

still nothing

not not sure what else to do... the call centre is so infuriating to say the least...IMG_0183.PNGIMG_0186.PNG

i think I've uploaded the right info, any help would be greatly appreciated 

cheers

Mike

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Venomx
Expert
Message 2 of 23

Re: Upgraded infinity 2. No change

Me and another member on this forum have had the same problem, after upgrading to Infinity 2 no speed increase.

You could try using the online chat from the bt website, saves having to wait around on the phone to them.,

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 23

Have you tried connecting to the test socket to rule out your internal wiring?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mikebren12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Thanks for the reply,

yep tried that, no difference I'm afraid...

Mike

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 23

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Which one of these matches your master phone socket?

nte.jpg or oldnte.jpgor adslface.jpg ornewnte.jpg

0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 23

Hi @mikebren12 just going slightly off topic just noticed on your first screenshot of your home hub 6, it seems to be running a different firmware v0.09.00.03227-BT how long have you had the hub 6 ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 23

Infinity 1 has a maximum speed of 52Mbps and you were not getting anywhere near that. Assuming there is nothing wrong with your line and because you were only getting a maximum of 35/37Mbps on Infinity 1 it is very unlikely that you would get any increase in speed going to Infinity 2.

It would only be worth going for Infinity 2 if you were getting 52Mbps when on Infinity 1 and the estimate check showed you would get more.

It would appear that there is either a problem with the estimate check that you posted or there is a problem with your line. 

0 Ratings
mikebren12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Hi mate, 

the 1st one if that's any help, and no noise on the line at all

Mike

0 Ratings
mikebren12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Hi mate, The 6 was delivered and installed a week ago, but the speeds etc have not changed from using the 5 previously.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 23

Can you undo the screws either side of the socket and plug your filter directly into the socket that's located behind it.

This will eliminate all internal wiring.

Once you've done that, can you post up the router stats please.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings