cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattfox14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Upgraded to 52Mb and now getting slower then previous speed.

I upgraded my BT Infinity 1 to the new 52meg speeds and recontracted as I didn't plan on leaving BT and I was getting around 37Mbps+ I thought its worth it. Since I have been upgraded I am now only getting about 30Mbps, what has gone wrong? I've not moved my HH5 or any of the cables.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Upgraded to 52Mb and now getting slower then previous speed.

Post the stats from troubleshooting then helpdesk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mattfox14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

helpdesk.png

thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Are you using a modem?

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results. 

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Upgrading will have caused a DLM reset to be applied to your line and may have removed G.Inp. Give it a few days to see if it gets re-applied.

0 Ratings
MagnumProject
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

I have exactly the same issue as you so hoping you find an answer!  Will leave it a few days and check again as suggested in Licquorice's post.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

@MagnumProject

You would be better tarting your own thread and post your router stats unless you also use a locked modem

0 Ratings
Fstbloke72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

I'm having exactly the same problem. What a joke,  no wonder they get us to sign a new contract when 'upgrading'. I Should  have stayed with Virgin Media. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Start your own thread and maybe we can help
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Chris-S1S
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Same here

0 Ratings