Message 11 of 20

Re: Upgraded to Fibre 2 but still on Fibre 1 speeds

Go to solution

Thank you very much.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

I expect its the CRC errors on your line which are affecting the actual connection speed, and keeping it below the attainable rate which is about 66Mbs down and 18Mbs up.

You are getting about 55Mbs down and about 10Mbs up, but you are seeing CRC counts and errored seconds on both downstream and upstream paths. Its worse on upstream, but that is expected owing to the higher frequencies used.

DLM (Dynamic Line Management) would be keeping the connections speed down, to ensure that the error rate does not become excessive, as that would have an impact on the performance of the network, as CRC errors cause re-transmissions.

Errors can be caused by problems with internal or external wiring. If you are connected directly to the master socket, and have no other extensions, then there is not much you can do.

You can check to see if there is any noise on your phone line, but if the quiet line test is clear, then I doubt there is much you can do. You may have some aluminium cable pairs, which can impact performance.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

Hmm, I'll put my money on it still being capped at fibre 1.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Hmm, I'll put my money on it still being capped at fibre 1.

But the attainable rate (66Mbs) is not capped, as its within range A  ie  53.6 to 70.2Mbs.

Anyway lets see if anything is found. I would suspect a poor quality line.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Exactly, the attainable rate wouldn't be capped if the service is capped at fibre 1.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Fibrejay,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry you haven't seen your speeds increase after upgrading to Fibre 2.

I agree with been said on this thread and it looks like your service is still capped at Fibre 1 speeds. If you send me your details, I'll be able to help you get this fixed.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Good news, with thanks to John from BT, my line got upgraded overnight so now I have the correct Fibre 2 profile . . 

Fibrejay_0-1610552267910.png

Thank you John and Paddy for your help and others on the forum for their advice.

Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

Glad my money was safe 😁😁

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

I am trying to reply to a private message sent to me by PaddyB on another issue but it tells me that PaddyB is nor set to receive Private Messages.

gordonm

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @gordonm, sorry about that. Paddy is not about at the moment. Please send your message to me.

cheers

John

0 Ratings