cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Upgraded to Infinity 2 - No Speed Difference?

Last year, I was with BT on Infinity 1 and I had the free speed boost. This meant I was getting around 75mbps pretty much all the time. 

I then made the mistake of going to Sky in December... I came back to BT in Feb this year on Infinity 1, which I solidly get 52mbps downloads.

Yesterday, I decided to upgrade to Infinity 2. Today the order is complete, but only my upload speed has really changed - it's doubled. My download speed is a little faster at about 54mbps.

Why is it only 2mbps faster when last year I could get 75mbps? I contacted BT and they said I should wait for the line to settle, which I don't believe to be true. The upload speed doubled straight away, but not the download speed.

Any ideas? Here's my line stats, and I have already tried a restart of the hub with no change - 

Downstream sync speed:

58.75 Mbps

Upstream sync speed:

20.00 Mbps

Data rate:

20.00 Mbps / 58.75 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

24110 / 60493

Noise margin:

15.3 dB / 6.2 dB

Line attenuation:

14.7 dB

Signal attenuation:

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Upgraded to Infinity 2 - No Speed Difference?

Bump

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

there is no need to 'bump' as someone will answer

you have been upgraded to infinity 2 but from your stats your max attainable is 60mb so a conenction speed of 58.75mb is correct

have you tried connecting to test socket with a filter even it you have a filtered master to see if that improves your conenction 

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

In that case, why am I not getting the 75mbps I used to get before I left to go to Sky?

My stats are - 

Telephone Number 01xxxxxxxxx on Exchange SAINT FAITH is served by Cabinet 11

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)8060201953.3AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)77.652.72016.439.8AvailableAvailable-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3--2 to 4Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 3--2 to 4Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available---- 
Fixed Rate1----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date03-04-2018     
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Be you tried the test socket with a filter?

what speed did you get before you left sky

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I was getting 68mbps with Sky.

I haven't tried the test socket no as I've not had issues at all until going onto infinity 2 with BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Maybe you need to try the test socket as from your stats the attainable is 60mb and your noise margin is about normal 6db suggesting no more scope for more speed with existing setup

0 Ratings
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I don't want to keep rebooting my router to be honest.

November 2017, I was on Infinity 1 with the speed boost and getting a constant 75mbps so I'm confident it's not the wiring.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Then I don't think your router will reboot at a faster speed

0 Ratings