Quick update. I was back at the property at the weekend. When I got there the HH5A had a red 'b' light and I couldn't connect to the internet. This was as expected, given the previous issues I've had with the HH5A. I then swapped it back out for my Draytek, and once again got an immediate broadband connection.
Unfortunately, the speed is now much lower than it was before I attached the HH5A. I tried at both my internal extension and at the master socket, but it didn't make much difference:
Line Statistics Downstream Upstream Actual Rate 64503 Kbps 18880 Kbps Attainable Rate 75227 Kbps 18782 Kbps
I'm concerned now that the HH5A may have dragged down my profile. The Draytek router has been left connected for a couple of days now, but the speed has not recovered on its own yet. Is there any way to get this fixed?
Also, @NeilO, I had to leave the Draytek connected because there are still people in the flat who need access to the internet. I've taken the HH5 back home with me, so I send it back to you if necessary.
@NeilO - Any update from the Hub team yet?
I'm reluctant to reconnect the faulty HH5A, because it seems to impact my profile. My line (with the Draytek now connected) does seem to have recovered after the last time I connected the HH5A, and I've now had a stable connection for a few days at the higher speeds.
There is a clear issue with the HH5A since the firmware upgrade, but I'm really struggling with how long it's taking to get this addressed. It's also taking a lot of time and effort at my end, because I'm a couple of hours drive away from the property. I would have been cheaper buying a replacement router by the time I take into account all the travel I've had to do.
I've got the faulty HH5A at home with me just now (not at the property where we're having the problem), and I'm happy to return it for further investigation. Please can I just get a replacement.
Many thanks for the quick reply and follow up phone call. Hopefully we'll get this all sorted next week!
@NeilO - apologies, I forgot to mention yesterday that I'm going to be unable to take a call or text message on my mobile phone next week, but will be able to respond to email or any message left on this thread. If anyone from the hub team does need to contact me, in the first instance please ask them to email me, or leave a message on this thread. I should be able to call back at an arranged time.
New HH5B received and installed. All working as it should now:
1. Product Name: HomeHub5 2. Serial number: +xxxxxxxx+xxxxxxxxxxxx 3. Firmware version: v0.07.06.01239-BT (Type B) Last updated 10/3/2017 4. Board version: 01 5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 00:22:40 6. Data Rate: 18999 / 71484 7. Maximum Data Rate: 24062 / 71539 8. Noise Margin: 9.4 / 6.2 9. Line Attenuation: 18.3 / 14.1 10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0 11. Data sent/received: 601.4 MB / 27.9 MB 12. Broadband username: firstname.lastname@example.org 13. BT Wi-fi: Yes 14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: xxxxxx 15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s)) 16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended) 17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless) 18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: xxxxxx 19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s)) 20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended) 21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless) 22. Firewall: Default 23. MAC Address: xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx 24. Software variant: - 25. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Tue Jun 17 18:52:56 2014)
Only thing I'll a little bit puzzled about now is why upload seems to be clamped to 18999. It was exactly the same on my Draytek before I unplugged it???
Transmission overheads. The max you'd get is 19Mbps with a 20Mb profile anyway.
@NeilO Sorry I missed your call yesterday. Responding to the voice message you left, I can confirm that I have received the replacement router, which has now been connected in and is working correctly. The old router is due to be picked up by courier tomorrow so it can be returned to your test centre for checking.
As posted above, the only minor niggle I now have is that upstream speed now seems to be clamped at 18999 (on both the Draytek and HH5B). This is what's being reported by the HH5B, which is what's currently plugged in. The Draytek reported exactly the same when it was last plugged in:
6. Data Rate: 18999 / 71484
7. Maximum Data Rate: 23550 / 71746
8. Noise Margin: 9.0 / 6.3
9. Line Attenuation: 18.3 / 14.1
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
On the Draytek I did have it running at the full 20000 at one stage (before I left the faulty HH5A plugged in for an extended period), so I'm not buying the overheads explanation - see earlier posts showing the Draytek stats.