Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enix
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Upload Speed Has Dropped Significantly

Go to solution

In the last week I have been plagued with poor upload speeds.  My sync speed is 80Mbps down and 20Mbps up and I usually have throughput speeds of around 73-75Mbps down and 16-17Mbps upload.  However, this past week I have been getting upload speeds of 0.39 - 0.95.  I am on BT Infinity 2.  

Having contacted support I was told to reboot my hub (SmartHub 2.0) and was informed that my line was refreshed.  This has been done twice with no improvement.  Today I had an engineer visit who could see that the physical upload speed was very low, but pointed out that there was no problem that he could establish with regards to the line.  He confirmed that the IP Profile was synced at 80-20 but the physical upload speed would not go above 1Mbps.  After a lengthy conversation with support and a change of router, which support instructed him to do, no improvement had occurred.  The CS team supervisor on the phone alluded to wireless frequencies, i.e. 2Ghz-5Ghz being the issue, although I had already told him that all the devices that had a speed test and line performance test carried out on them were wired: ethernet.

The previous CS rep suggested that the speed was good, but later admitted that she could not actually see any data relating to the upload speed.  She then went on to say that maybe it was a blip which may resolve itself in a few days!  Very, very poor service.  

I'm at the end of my tether.  Can anybody help?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Upload Speed Has Dropped Significantly

Go to solution

can you post stats from sh2  advanced settings then technical log information

can you also run btspeedtester diagnostic test and post results  if that is a problem run speedtest.net instead

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Enix
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Here you go:

Product code:
Smart Hub 2

Firmware version:
v0.13.03.02221-BT

Firmware updated:
Sat Jun 1 17:13:39 2019

Board version:
R01

GUI version:
1.55 12_12_2018

DSL uptime:
0 days,01 Hours25 Mins56 Secs

Data rate:
20 Mbps / 79.999 Mbps

Maximum data rate:
27.990 Mbps / 107.386 Mbps

Noise margin:
11.6 / 12.8

Line attenuation:
4.3 / 4.8

Signal attenuation:
4.6 / 5.2

VLAN id:

Upstream error control:
Off

Downstream error control:
Off

Data sent / received:
84.8 MB Uploaded / 545.2 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:
bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:
Activated

Wireless security:
WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:
Mode 1

Firewall:
On

Software variant:
-

Boot loader:
0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results Image not loaded

1. Downstream Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed

72.75 Mbps

0 Mbps
77.35 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 72.75 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-77.35 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 77.35 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed

0.95 Mbps

0 Mbps
20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.95Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.

0 Ratings
Enix
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Can someone please help me with this issue?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

have you tried a factory reset oh hub by pressing recessed button on back and holding until lights flash?

are you using powerline adapters?

forum member will post replies as and when they think they can help with your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Enix
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
1) The engineer tried a different Hub with the same results.
2) No, I'm not using powerline adapters.
0 Ratings
Enix
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

The devices used to test the speed of my network are connected directly to the HH2 via ethernet.  All of these devices have demonstrated comparable speeds.  The engineer also conducted a line test after installing another hub.  Again, the device used for the speed test was connected directly to the Hub via ethernet.  The upload speed is still incredibly low.  I was told by the team leader of this particular Customer Support team at approx 12:00 hrs that the fault would be escalated, and that a manager would be calling back within 2-4 hours.  It is now, as I type this, 16:24 hrs and I still haven't received a call with regards to resolving this issue.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, @Enix I'm really sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your upload speed. From your router stats, the Hub looks to be getting the full 20Mbps upload speed so I'm wondering if there's a congestion problem on the network that's affecting the actual throughput speed.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to take a look.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Enix,

Thank you for taking my call today. I'm happy to hear that your upload speeds have increased after the changes made by BT Wholesale.

They identified congestion on the network and have changed you over to a better performing SVLAN which appears to have resolved the issue. 

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings