Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Upload Speed has Plummeted

Go to solution

Hi,

We have had infinity for several years and it has been pretty good. Typically 60mbps D/L, which can drop to half of this when it's busy.

But the upload speed has always been rock solid at 12 to 13 mbps - until a few months ago when it suddenly dropped to a maximum of 3 to 4mbps.

BT are not interested as they "dont guarantee upload speeds" but this is a massive drop in service and I cant even get anyone to explain what has caused it - are they throttling my upload speed?

Speedtest dianostics below - if anyone could help I would be grateful as this speed is pitiful for a fttc connection.

BT.JPG

Thanks

Jon

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Upload Speed has Plummeted

Go to solution

Can you post your hub stats? HERE'S how.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Hi,

Are there some specific stats you are looking for or just whatever the HH provides.

I replaced the HH5 with a Synology 2600AC a few weeks ago as the HH wifi was terrible - I get between 50% and 100% faster wifi with the 2600.

The upload/download wired speeds didn't change at all between the HH5 and the 2600.

I could put the HH5 back in to gather some stats if required, how long would it need to run?

Thanks

Jon

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

stats showing connection speed/attainable speed/noise margin/attenuation/errors/uptime

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

@midnightlightning wrote:

I replaced the HH5 with a Synology 2600AC a few weeks ago as the HH wifi was terrible - I get between 50% and 100% faster wifi with the 2600.

The upload/download wired speeds didn't change at all between the HH5 and the 2600.

I could put the HH5 back in to gather some stats if required, how long would it need to run?

Thanks

Jon

@imjolly That Synology 2600AC is just a wireless router, so @midnightlightning must be using an Openreach or other VDSL modem in conjunction with it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe

thanks but OP may still be able to get some stats from the modem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

What is interesting, is that there have been a number of similar reports of slow upload speed.

As the VDSL available bandwidth is shared between upload and download, unlike ADSL where there are defined frequency bands. it makes me wonder whether there have been some bad configurations uploaded to the ports, which have altered the upload download allocations?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Yes, I have a Huawei HG612 modem.

I've been googling how to get stats but it seems I need to unlock the modem which I would rather not do.

If the line stats are in the modem would the HH5 just be accesing the modem to report the stats. I can plug the old HH5 in to retrieve stats if that is how it works?

Thanks

Jon

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

you would need to connect the hh5 without the modem to get stats from hh5

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

You would have to plug the HH5 directly into the phone socket, instead of the modem, as the HH5 has its own inbuilt modem, otherwise you will not get any useful information.

You would then be able to get the line stats, like this example Home Hub 5 Line Statistics example

0 Ratings