cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kiforrest
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Upload Speed

Numerous phonecalls and 4 engineer visits to date. The last one solved the problem although it was temporary.

I moved from VM to BT as I wanted faster upload speed. I have gone from 3.5Mb to 200k!!!!

The last engineer who came (the 4th) confirmed their was nothing wrong with the cabling and the problem was a problematic muliplexer. He left the house, went to the box in the street, returned an hour later and I had 72Mb down and 14Mb up - I was delighted. I had that for 3 hours after he left. The broadband dropped and when it came backup I had 64Mb down and 700k up. 

After a further 2 days we are now back to 64Mb down and 200k up. Their is clearly a fault in the BT Openreach network - I do not want another engineer. I work from home a lot so B/band is important. I have yet to cancel the Virgin connection as at least 3.5Mb up is far better than 200k!

Can BT assist without following the same pattern and another poor engineer who has to come out, waste his and my time, only for the network people to actually fix it. 

If not can I cancel the infinity product and leave the line with BT (if they cannot understand their own network) and I will return to VM?

I am getting very frustrated. It is a shame as all the engineers have been very good - and like me are frustrated with the network people as 90% of the infinity problems, I am told, lie with them

Help!!!!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Upload Speed

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 7

Hi Kiforrest,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the post.  I am very sorry that we have not been able to fix this problem,despite all the effort from the engineers.  It certainly sounds like a network issue which needs to be addressed.  I am more than happy to offer support on this.

Any chance you could drop us an email please?  If you click on my username (SeanD) you will find the 'Mods contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.  

Once we have your details we can pull together all the engineer reports and get things moving in the right direction.

Cheers

Sean

kiforrest
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Hi Sean

Thanks, I have completed the 'contact us' as you suggested and wait to hear further news

Cheers

0 Ratings
kiforrest
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Well another engineer, and he confirmed the line to the 'green box' 191 metres away was perfect and a test to our Exchange gave perfect results too.

The problem is in the network - as it is over a lot of the country we are told. I was about to promote over 12,500 BT infinity lines to our DSL estate. Scrap that - BT themselves admit whilst their infrastructure is not the best it should be capable of delivering this service, their network teams are outsourced so they cannot get the support they need.

It is all a but sad. The engineers have tried their best but whomever they ring on the core network teams cannot assist. How do you reach them and when will they help.

Time to complain I suppose. I have tried to post to this helpful forum on 4 occasions for the box to drop (homehub is more traffic lights than ever solid blue).

I had cancelled VM too - I will give them another week and then see what a formal complaint will get me. At present this is impacting our home's social life and more importantly my ability to work.....

All these years of Broadband and BT still cannot cut the mustard......

Very, very sad

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 7

Would you like to expand on your 12,500 line DSL estate?

0 Ratings
kiforrest
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Managed network we provide to customers across the UK with a networking partner. We were looking to ready an Infinity product as their is an increasing need for greater bandwidth (to provide further services).

Infinity would appear not to be ready.

Shame. BT could have swept all before it

0 Ratings