cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Upload speed NOT capped but only getting 50mbps

Hi

I have recently upgraded to 1 Gigabit speeds being earlier with 300/50. Now I should expect 900/100.

Here is the problem:

- Download with the New Smart Hub 2 (091300) = 920mbps (pretty much constant)

- Upload with the above router= 50mbps (constant)

the upload speed has never been higher than 50mbps. Why is this? I know that some (most?) here have complained about the same thing and suggested that the upload speed was capped. Capped by what??????

here is the thing.... if I put my good old BT Hub 6 back it gets me 110 to 120 mbps upload speed!!!!. The line is effectively not capped.

I had a few conversations with the BT support and they all seem to point to the router as the culprit. I could use the old router but I also have the need for the disk as we have a 3 story house and the old router does not support BT extensions.

I also had a new Smart Hub 2 router to test, but again the dreaded 50mbps upload. All routers are running the latest firmware.

it looks like these new routers cannot cope with the higher upload speed for whatever reasons. Perhaps incompatibility of the ONT and the new routers?

Can some one please shed some light on this subject? BT doesn't know what else to do.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upload speed NOT capped but only getting 50mbps

did you read this thread before posting

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/BT-Fibre-900-Upgrade-Smart-Hub-2-upload-throttling/m-...

Bt have also said bug they are working on

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/07/isp-bt-working-to-fix-slow-fttp-broadband-speed-profil...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

thank you for your help. should I delete my post?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

just leave post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.