cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arc_11
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Upload speed is half of the 6Mbits BT estimate yet I used to get more than 10?

Go to solution

I've just switched to BT after being with PlusNet for over 15 years.  I moved because my speeds greatly reduced for no apparent reason.  Moving has put my download speed up to 35 - 40 Mbit which is great but BT, and PlusNet when I was with them, both say I should get at least 6 - 8 Mbit upload as you can see from the first picture I only get 3.3Mbit upload, and using the broadband checker it indeed says I should get 6 - 8 Mbit (second picture).  Also when Openreach were sent out to try and fix the slow speeds (unsuccessfully) when I was with PlusNet the engineer let me take a pic of his tester which also says I should get at least 6.3Mbit upload (third picture)

BTInternet refuse to send an engineer out to try and fix the slow upload, as they can't see anything wrong with it.  I know my line can support it as when I first got Fibre to the cabinet I was happily getting over 11Mbit upload.  My neighbour who is also on BT internet with an older router and uses an extension, not the master socket gets the full 6 - 8 with no issues.  I was on the phone to BT for two hours this week and was basically told its tough.  Is there any way I can get an openreach engineer to fix the issue even if it means paying?  All BT internet are saying is upload is nothing to do with them, so how am I supposed to get any support for it if I can only deal with openreach through them?

Also does anyone know what could be wrong with it, it makes uploading things such as videos cripplingly slow, and is there anything technical I can say to BT to prompt them to somehow reset my broadband profile because I do not think they are being honest with me on this.

Pictures below

Thankyou everyone

Inkedfirefox_GxyJBLuj60_LI.jpgInkedfirefox_hBQhdYUnTD_LI.jpgInked20190424_083700_LI.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Arc_11
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upload speed is half of the 6Mbits BT estimate yet I used to get more than 10?

Go to solution
Also, I have had my new connection for more than 10 days so it has had time to settle down.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Re: Upload speed is half of the 6Mbits BT estimate yet I used to get more than 10?

Go to solution

Post hub stats  advanced setting then technical log information 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Arc_11
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

firefox_4f8YIll0Hi.png

0 Ratings
Arc_11
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Any help is much appreciated thank you!

0 Ratings
Arc_11
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Just to finish with this issue, somehow even though BT Internet support said a "Magic switch" could not be flipped to increase my upload to the estimated 6 - 8 Mbit, recently it seems to have indeed been flipped, as now for some reason I get slightly more than what my router says I can have as maximum!  Funnily enough this was just after my contract with BT Internet completely locked in.Inkedfirefox_Am21DtYXOO_LI.jpg

0 Ratings