cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 1 of 19

Upload speed issue, will an Engineer be sent? Getting mixed responses from BT Customer Services

Hi all.

The other day a lorry driver decided he wanted to take our green VDSL cabinet along for a ride with him, the thing was totally destroyed.

Since then Openreach has been really quick in getting a new cabinet installed and up and running, the work is still ongoing for now with a completion time estimate of 1715 19/07/18.

Since the new cabinet has been installed my download speed has actually increased a little (winner!) but my upload speed has massively failed.

Prior to the accident I was getting around 56Mb down sync with around 11Mb up sync with maximum attainables of around 63 down and 11 up. 

Now I am getting 59Mb down sync but only 1.2Mb up sync with maxium attainable of 66 down and 1.4Mb up.

Now the job is ongoing but one of the Openreach guys advised me to log it with BT so they are aware of the issue, this has been 2 days now and the upload hasnt budged at all. Next door neighbour has a worse line than mine fed from the same cabinet but their upload is where it should be at around 9Mb.

I've been speaking to BT online and one customer service rep said "yes we will come out for upload as you are on fibre" However another rep has since said "we dont guarantee upload speed as they can be effected by external sources" Now BT only quote download speed guarantees on their site, so does this mean through no fault of my own I am now stuck with crippled upload speed or will an engineer come out and look at it for me?

I like to play online and stream games to Twitch so for me upload is crucial and I cannot live with 1.2Mb.DSL Estimates.PNGDSL actual stats.PNG

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Upload speed issue, will an Engineer be sent? Getting mixed responses from BT Customer Services

as there is still ongoing openreach work on your cabinet your need to wait until work is completed and then phone customer services and get engineer visit to fix your up speed    BT give you an estimate range of down/up speed and your up speed is well out of the range and needs engineer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 19

Re: Upload speed issue, will an Engineer be sent? Getting mixed responses from BT Customer Services

There are 3 cabs currently which have been involved in RTA's. All only have temporary service at the moment.

You need to wait until full service is restored. Which exchange are you on and I can have a look at the expected date for full service to be back.

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 4 of 19

@pippincpwrote:

There are 3 cabs currently which have been involved in RTA's. All only have temporary service at the moment.

You need to wait until full service is restored. Which exchange are you on and I can have a look at the expected date for full service to be back.

I'm on Exchange MOULTON is served by Cabinet 22 (taken from BT wholesale DSL checker) The job keeps getting extended by 24 hours, although I've not seen anyone at the cab since yesterday afternoon now.

Currently its estimated to be finished by 17:15 tonight but I wouldnt be surprised if that gets extended again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 19

Service restored as of 12.55. Try a reboot of the HH.

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 6 of 19

Just rebooted still only syncing at 1.3Mb up, but on the service status page its still saying there is an ongoing issue which has now been extended until tomorrow.

Hopefully this will get sorted soon, I really dont wanna have to explain myself to the indian call centre again. I know the issue is at the cabinet. Hopefully the mods still have the power to raise an engineer job like before.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 19

Then the issue is elsewhere, not the cab.

2018-07-20 01_34_06-Microsoft Excel - Fibre3PM  [Read-Only].png

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 8 of 19

It can only be the cab though, the cabinet was the only thing that was damaged. The line hasnt changed, my equipment hasnt changed and I've even tested with other modems and they still report the same. I mean there is a potential that the new line card I've been put on is faulty (the old cab just had one of those replaced). Plus if the line was having issues then the download speed would also be trashed but that is now slightly better than it was before.

I can try plugging into the master socket incase the faceplate filter has been damaged by a potential power spike caused by the cabinet damage, but if that doesnt fix things then I'm out of ideas.

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 9 of 19

Faceplate not the issue I've just swapped it for one of my others and still the same result.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

as cabinet now fixed have you tried a factory reset to see if that cleasrs the problem  if not post back as lookslike need engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings