cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: Upload speed issue, will an Engineer be sent? Getting mixed responses from BT Customer Services

I've not factory reset the modem as its an unlocked HG612 Openreach modem which I dont want the hassle of unlocking again. 

However I do have multiple routers at hand and I have tried the Smart Hub in its place and the upload is roughly the same a few K higher but nothing close to resembling my original speed.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 12 of 19

Re: Upload speed issue, will an Engineer be sent? Getting mixed responses from BT Customer Services

Post the connection stats from it please.

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 13 of 19

@pippincpwrote:

Post the connection stats from it please.

xdslcmd info --stats
xdslcmd: ADSL driver and PHY status
Retrain Reason: 0
Last initialization procedure status: 0
Max: Upstream rate = 1419 Kbps, Downstream rate = 65336 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 1398 Kbps, Downstream rate = 57192 Kbps

Link Power State: L0
Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile: Profile 17a
TPS-TC: PTM Mode(0x0)
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.3 6.2
Attn(dB): 18.9 0.0
Pwr(dBm): -4.3 -4.2
VDSL2 framing
Bearer 0
MSGc: 18 34
B: 63 79
M: 1 1
T: 64 9
R: 14 16
S: 0.0356 1.8216
L: 17528 426
😧 1253 18
I: 78 97
N: 78 97
Counters
Bearer 0
OHF: 8458248 885201
OHFErr: 0 0
RS: 1623873105 1782483
RSCorr: 195563 19
RSUnCorr: 0 0

Bearer 0
HEC: 0 0
OCD: 0 0
LCD: 0 0
Total Cells: 1594975675 0
Data Cells: 61570233 0
Drop Cells: 0
Bit Errors: 0 0

ES: 0 0
SES: 0 0
UAS: 22 22
AS: 14511

Bearer 0
INP: 4.00 2.50
INPRein: 0.00 0.00
delay: 11 8
PER: 1.71 16.45
OR: 111.92 19.44
AgR: 57303.95 1417.39

Bitswap: 8279/8288 0/0

Total time = 4 hours 2 min 13 sec
FEC: 195563 19
CRC: 0 0
LOS: 0 0
LOF: 0 0
LOM: 0 0
Latest 15 minutes time = 2 min 13 sec
FEC: 898 0
UAS: 0 0
Previous 15 minutes time = 15 min 0 sec
FEC: 8983 0
Latest 1 day time = 4 hours 2 min 13 sec
Previous 1 day time = 0 sec
FEC: 0 0
Since Link time = 4 hours 1 min 49 sec
#

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 14 of 19

Right I've just checked the BT service status page and it says the issue should now be fixed and to power cycle the modem, I have now done this and as expected the upload is still broken and is still around 1.3Mb

Do the mods still have the power to raise an engineer job? If so can they get one raised for me as I'd rather not have to call up and try to explain myself to the call centre who never seem to have a clue and try to palm you off.

DSL stats 2.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

The mods are really busy just now so probably be sometime middle next week at earliest before your case got to top of inbox and mods were able to help then the few data for engineer visit. You would be quicker phoning CS and getting engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 16 of 19

Damn, at least the mods speak English as their first language and actually understand where the fault might be, the call centre is a bloody nightmare trying to explain stuff to them and all I do is go round in circles for weeks before I get anything resolved.

If you don’t hear back from me I’ve smashed my head against a brick wall in frustration, wish me luck!
0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 17 of 19

Well after over an hour on the phone on Saturday the guy did various tests and whilst the kept reiterateing that upload was not guaranteed thankfully they discovered enough errors on the downstream side to get an engineer sent, but oh wait the guys computer played up and I was told I’d have an engineer out it didn’t go through.

Cue another 1.5 hour long call today again to be told upload was not guaranteed I managed to get an engineer visit with the threat that I’d have to pay £130 if no fault is discovered as there was no fault on their end even though my upload had plummeted from 11-1Mb thus pretty much making the internet unusable for the stuff I actually used it for (online gaming and streaming) hopefully any engineer worth his salt will see my upload is way below what it should be and fix it free of charge as I shouldn’t be £130 out of pocket for a lorry smashing the internet cabinet which then the replacement has caused me to loose upload speed.

During the calls I kept being told to get business broadband if upload is important to me as it’s guranteed for business lines, and looking at the business tariffs they look to be cheaper than what I am paying for a better service.

Question is do I have to have any special requirements to get business broadband or can anyone get it. My wife does occasionally work from home and I have to log into my employers servers every night (which having a low upload has caused MAJOR lag I might add) but I am not a registered business so would I still qualify?
0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 18 of 19

Oh I forgot to mention that during today’s call they even tried to insist that I’ve only ever had 1.2Mb up since middle of June when I know for a fact that I’ve had 10.8Mb up until last week, otherwise I couldn’t have done my Twitch streams in June.

I don’t really appreciate being called a liar, and to be honest anyone less technical and obssessive about their internet than me would have probably fallen for it. Thankfully I monitor my connection daily, I know that rebooting the modem during the early hours of the morning squeezes out a few more KB of bandwidth than the evening etc. I’m that obsessive that I’ve just paid £50 to upgrade the Openreach Modem to something a bit more modern to squeeze more speed out of my line. So thankfully I didn’t fall for the **bleep** they were feeding me.

I’m hoping the engineer will come, I’ll explain the situation and he will go to the cab and go “Yup I see the issue” and job will be done. I am 99% certain the issue is in the line card, the ONLY thing to have changed since the upload was good and now was the cabinet being destroyed and replaced, Hell I was still getting 10.8Mb with the old cabinet laying on its side with all of the internals hanging out so I’m almost certain my issue is in the cabinet.
0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 19 of 19

Well BT residential have royally mugged me off. Engineer was supposedly booked for yesterday afternoon so I take the time off work, no engineer arrives and on the BT system it shows "engineer visit complete problem fixed" nobody came nothing was fixed.

Thankfully I am moving over to BT business or I'd have never found out this lie, it turns out Openreach were never booked. BT business checked the Openreach jobs list for my area and nothing was booked for me at all! 

Thankfully as part of the move to BT business I am getting an engineer on Wednesday to provision the line to make sure its working to the spec they have guranteed, although BT business are a better fit for my needs for only slightly more a month I shouldnt have to effectively switch ISP to get my line working how it was last week. 

Even more annoyingly an Openreach engineer was at the cabinet for someone elses fault and he even confessed there are loads of faults in this cabinet since the accident, yet BT residential seem to think having an ADSL upload speed on a "Fibre" connection is somehow acceptable!