cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waldough
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Upload speed very low after line re-syncs

As of recently, my previously flawless BT Infinity (Have not had any issues for over 4 years) has been re-syncing every day, resulting in my connection dropping, and then resulting in a very low upload speed once re-connected. Once a few hours has passed after the re-sync, I can restart my BT Hub manually, and I will regain my full upload speed once again.

This screenshot shows how my line looks right now (with the low upload speed)

Screenshot_1.png

This screenshot shows how my line usually is, when there are no problems

unknown.png

This is very unusual for my line, as you can see from the screenshots, my maximum data rate and noise margins are very high. You'd assume my line would never have to re-sync due to it having such a high overhead, which has been the case for over 4 years.

Can anyone shed some light as to what is happening here? I have tried a quiet line test and there doesn't seem to be any interference at all.

waldough_0-1589030144720.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upload speed very low after line re-syncs

Noise on the line is a binary question, it is either there or it isn't. There is no "doesn't seem to be". The quiet line test with a corded phone should return a silent result.

waldough
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

There's no loud crackling or anything like that. I've just re-tested it with the mic on the handset muted and it's completely silent. I've also just tried to re-start the Hub again, and it cannot re-connect to broadband. 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 6

Do you have a dial tone on the line?

Have you tried connecting to the test socket with a filter?

0 Ratings
waldough
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

After 10 ish minutes it has re-connected at full speed:

waldough_0-1589033544655.png

I'm guessing there's likely nothing I can do? Possibly a problem due to high traffic?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 6

No high traffic, the internet increase since lockdown is only about 3%.

0 Ratings