Noticed recenrly that any speedtests I do.. the upload is showing the old 10Mb speeds.. I have reset ther router, reconnected the modem tried wireless and wired.
Also the btwholesale checker says the profile is 20Mb?
People have reported some sucess with restarting the home hub several times. Leave the modem alone though.
I had same problem do a factory reset on the hub(poke a sharp pencil in for 20-30secs) 2x that fixed if for me... Dont touch the modem tho
as legitimise_sailing, try direct pppoe connection (see below for help)
also try Thinkbroadband tester, more reliable for upload, though I don't think it will indicate the difference you hope for.
The upload profile is always 20 for Infinity 2, it does not vary with the actual sync speed in the same way the download profile does.
Try connecting a PC or Mac directly to the modem: a bit of a faffle I am afraid.
- connect from the modem LAN1 (that is usually connected to the HomeHub/router), to the standard ethernet port on the PC/Mac (that is also usually connected to the router.) So the HomeHub is out of the picture.
- Make a pppoe connection. On a PC it will be something like
- 'network and Sharing Centre',
- 'Set up a new connection',
- 'Connect to the Internet, set up a broadband or dial-up connection'
- 'Broadband PPPoE'
- Then enter username 'firstname.lastname@example.org' and password 'bt'.
Detail may vary a little between different version of windows, and of course even more different on Mac or Linux.
Repeat your speed tests and see how they go.
That will help check out if the HomeHub is the problem.