Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Uploading ANY Sized File Causes Internet Disconnection

Go to solution

I am a new BT customer and am happy with the download speeds I'm getting and am able to stream games at a decent quality with my vastly improved upload speed.

However, when I attempt to upload a video to YouTube or Twitch, it completely kills my internet connection to every device in the house. 

I've been sent a replacement hub which they said on the phone could fix the issue - it has not. 

I also keep seeing about some 'fix' that BT do yet I have not had any luck prying this out of the advisors when I speak to them on the phone or on live chat.

PLEASE SEND HELP!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Uploading ANY Sized File Causes Internet Disconnection

Go to solution

This is a customer help customer forum  your post does not go to BT

post stats from your hh6  advanced settings then technical log information

any noise on quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test which follows then post results  must be done with wired connection NOT wireless  http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084318+NQ81506487

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

13-Jul-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

WAN:

PPP Connected

Data sent / received:

8208 MB Uploaded / 8594 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-W9N8

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 1)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-W9N8

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

AC:3B:77:DE:DB:CD

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

Sorry, I'm new to these forums, never had to use them until now. Is this what you wanted?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I have fixed the problem!!

I had to open up Chrome, press F12 to bring up the dev console. Then clicked on the 3 dots next to the X in the top right corner of the console.

From here MORE TOOLS - NETWORK CONDITIONS. Bottom of the console you will see NETWORK THROTTLING and drop box. In the drop box you will see a number of presets - Online, Fast 3G, Slow 3G - you can also create your own. Click CUSTOM - ADD. 

Here you can create a new throttling preset. For me I simply renamed it to Upload and set the upload speed to 10000kb/s. Applying this sets the upload speed to 9.8mb/s (I got this number by going to Speedtest.net to find my upload speed and I just rounded it down to 10mb/s)

0 Ratings