Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 27

Re: Uploading Causing Connection Drop

@arranhs wrote:

I agree, it is confusing why the problem is happening as everything looks fine. This is exactly what the technician said, even 
Im interseted to see that in the the forum posts I linked to however, they all seemed to be remedied by configuration changes to the router. Do you know what these changes may be?

But you said you have tried other routers, so its unlikely to be that.

I would focus on the device you are using to do the uploads.

0 Ratings
arranhs
Beginner
Message 12 of 27

This happens on both my wirless and ethernet connected devices and the problem is not device specific. The problem happens with them all.

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 27

Then I cannot suggest anything else to try, unless you have a badly erroring line.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

arranhs
Beginner
Message 14 of 27

Many thanks for your help. I realise this is an odd issue but I appreciate you sticking about to discuss it with me. I look forward to hearing from the moderator.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

Hi @arranhs and welcome.

I'm not sure there's a lot we can do to help here but I'll be happy to run a few checks for you. If that suits drop me over an email with your details and we'll take it from there. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 27

@DavidM and the mod team can look at the line performance stats, as those termination requests normally indicate line problems.

If the error rate is high, then any uploaded data that has to be re-sent, which could cause the buffer in the home hub to overflow, forcing a hub disconnection.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 27

What size of files are you uploading when it disconnects?

How long into the upload do you get before it disconnects.

Is it always about the same point of time?

0 Ratings
arranhs
Beginner
Message 18 of 27

@DavidM: Thank you for post. I would very much appreciate a few checks. Even if there isnt much you can do for me, itd be nice to be sure of that. I've shot you an email.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 27

Its just unfortunate that BT removed all the useful error stats from the later home hubs, so the user cannot see CRC errors or errored seconds Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Sage
Sage
Message 20 of 27

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Its just unfortunate that BT removed all the useful error stats from the later home hubs, so the user cannot see CRC errors or errored seconds Smiley SadSmiley Sad

You wouldn't have been able to see the connection stats had someone not suggested it at the meet at Adastral Park.

0 Ratings