Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith99
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Uploading causes drop

Go to solution

Hi, when I try to upload a large file it causes the HUB to disconnect (it gets a  PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]) message.

I spent all morning on the phone to BT but unfortunately, while the people there try to be helpful, their technical skills are very poor. I got suggestions like "dont upload files" or "split the files up first" and then they said there was just nothing they could do. I think being able to upload more than 20MB should be part of the service! I could rant about my wasted morning on the phone but I will leave it at that (I am goign to write a formal complaint anyway). 

Anyway, back to the issue, I have a Home Hub 5 a and the connection is solid until I try to upload a large file. I did a couple of tests and it seems to happen at about 24MB (or 5 minutes) with the log showing "PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]".

I have tried various obvious tests and a google shows a similar thing happening to people on Plusnet (https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/PPP-LCP-Send-Termination-Request-PPPoE-PADT-received/t...) they seem to be getting a patch to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. my home hub firmware has just recently been updated. It says:  BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 | Last updated 15/07/17 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith99
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: Uploading causes drop

Go to solution
Sorry this should have been in the Infinity forum as I am on FTTC, could someone move it please?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Keith99 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection. I think we'll need to take a closer look at this for you so can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Keith99
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Done and thanks
0 Ratings
Keith99
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Just an update on this: I was contacted by someone and they applied a settings fix to my HUB which fixed my problems. I think the telephone help needs to forward people to here as this is the place to get things fixed! Thanks a lot for the assistance.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Keith99 Thanks for the update and I will let Robbie who was dealing with your case know that the Hub fault has now been fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Trubloff
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi  - I have precisely the same problem. Engineer has visited this morning an confirmed line etc are all fine.

Large upload to Dropbox, causing line to drop every 5-10 minutes

As this issue is marked as fixed, can someone at BT please let me know what the fix is so I can apply it too? The service desk have not been hugely useful on this topic so far. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Trubloff
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi  - I have precisely the same problem. Engineer has visited this morning an confirmed line etc are all fine.

Large upload to Dropbox, causing line to drop every 5-10 minutes

As this issue is marked as fixed, can someone at BT please let me know what the fix is so I can apply it too? The service desk have not been hugely useful on this topic so far. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

You cannot apply the fix it must be done by BT IF you have the same problem.

As this thread is marked solved you would be better starting your own with a new post.

0 Ratings