Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonmiskelly
Beginner
Message 1 of 35

Uploading causing connection drop

Go to solution

Hi, please help, i have a problem uploading large files , it started on monday and im at the end of my teather 

BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 | Last updated 10/07/17

unlimited infinity , 50 mbps down, 8 mbps up generally , super reliable and stable connection for last few years .

all of a sudden i am unable to upload any large files videos specifically  to my online backup ( google drive) a few minutes after starting the upload the connection drops out , i get an orange power light and an orange broadband symbol. which stay on for a few seconds then the connection resumes, this carries on in a cycle until i stop the sync , i am able to upload folders of photos which are lots of smaller files but as soon as it starts the videos it fails ( videos are typically 2.26 gb go pro) 

I have done all the usual stuff, power cycle router, reset, connect direct to socket, reset devices etc etc, everything works perfectly until a few mins after i click the upload button, 

this thread appears to be same exact problem, how do i get the solution mentioned?  - https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Uploading-causes-drop/td-p/1763993

0 Ratings
34 REPLIES
Message 2 of 35

Re: Uploading causing connection drop

Go to solution

Hi @simonmiskelly and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection dropping. It looks like you've done as much as you can at your side so please drop me over an email with your details and we'll take it from there. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
simonmiskelly
Beginner
Message 3 of 35

Go to solution

HI @DavidM done Smiley Happy 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 35

Go to solution

Hi @simonmiskelly I called earlier and left a brief message. Please can you retry and same if you are still experiencing this issue and post back and let me know.

Thanks

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
simonmiskelly
Beginner
Message 5 of 35

Go to solution

@JohnC2 many thanks , seems to be working fine now , what did you actually do ?  or what was the problem?  cheers Simon. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 35

Go to solution

Hi @simonmiskelly Thanks for posting and glad to hear all is OK now. I product team adjusted some settings on the hub that they detected were causing the issue and wanted me to check with you if it worked. I'll let them know it fixed it.

cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
jkp19
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 35

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2

Can you please inform the thread what modifications were made?

Large file uploads are being rendered impossible using Google FIle Stream due to the HH5 resetting periodically.

Thanks

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ44328867
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 (Type A) Last updated 06/07/17
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 17:33:37
6. Data rate:1295 / 24968
7. Maximum data rate:2041 / 29923
8. Noise margin:9.1 / 10.5
9. Line attenuation:39.2 / 30.2
10. Signal attenuation:39.0 / 26.0
11. Data sent/received:902.6 MB / 11.3 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:Yes
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:Office Reborn
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g (up to 54 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:1
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:Office Reborn
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n (up to 450 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall:Default
23. MAC Address:d0:84:b0:e6:78:c2
24. Modulation:G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant:AA
26. Boot loader:1.0.0
0 Ratings
Spinball
Beginner
Message 8 of 35

Go to solution

I'm having exactly the same problems. Every time I try to upload large files (to Google drive or via FTP) the connection regularly drops.  Orange light.

How can I get my Hub 5 box fixed, please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 35

Go to solution

@Spinball

Do not upload at a rate faster than the upload speed of your broadband connection, otherwise you will crash the home hub,

On the Google Backup and Sync program, you can alter the network upload speed so that its less than the upload speed of your broadband. Look under preferences - settings -  network settings.

0 Ratings
Spinball
Beginner
Message 10 of 35

Go to solution

Thank you for the tip.

That doesn't help me with FTP transfers.  Is there something I can do to change the Hub 5?  Or should I ask BT to replace it for the next hub up?   Or can you recommend a better router?  Price not a significant object.

0 Ratings